• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Just joined the LMTV FAMILY and M1081 club

pontiac62

Long time stalker first time posting. Would like to say hello everyone.

Won this beauty on 26 jul govplanet auction to my surprise I usually got out bid by someone willing to pay more than I. Just got delivered to Michigan yesterday. This is my second MV if you count Retired Air Force passenger bus 1961 B600.

The good
It's a runner. All the tires appear to be in good shape. The spare didn't get robbed or the turret cover. Check the fuel to make sure had enough to start an get off the trailer.

The bad
Fuel sending unit damage plug not connected. Fuel gauge pegged past full. Will need new batteries. Alternator is questionable. Will have to look into that more. The alignment of the cab safety switch doesn't look right. No pictures of that. Leak driver side front axel.
Here's the link for it.

http://www.govplanet.com/jsp/s/item/919023?h=6-22

Pictures at my brother in law houseIMG_0553.jpgIMG_0552.jpgIMG_0544.jpg

Two short videos coming off trailer. Looks like can't be downloaded or I don't know how.
Thanks everyone looking forward to all comments.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome and congratulations. I hope you cherish that rare airdrop truck as I do mine.

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
They are nice trucks. It won't take much to get it all right. Prob just needs new batts and the regulator lead jumped to the fuel solenoid positive to provide a good 24v to excite it.

pontiac62

They are nice trucks. It won't take much to get it all right. Prob just needs new batts and the regulator lead jumped to the fuel solenoid positive to provide a good 24v to excite it.
Thanks Suprman. I've been reading your post about running that wire.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks