• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Just ordered some paint!

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well gang, just ordered 2 gallons of 34052 USMC lusterless forest green. Would have ordered 4 gallons but was short on spending cabbage and needed the paint for the frame of the wrecker. Now that I have paint on the way, the engine install will be delayed until the frame rails are painted. Here's the big question. Should I leave the engine 383 green or paint it the 34052? I'm inclined to leave it the 383 for a little contrast but don't want it to look stupid. Either way, at least its clean. Looking for opinions!

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Had it shipped from Rapco Parts in Bowie TX. Between the cost of paint, shipping, hazardous fees and the like, spent just under $100 for 2 gallons. That will at least get my frame rails painted and maybe a portion of the wrecker bed.

FSBruva

Kenny -

I would say, if the paint on the engine is in good shape - leave it. No sense putting [expensive] paint on a perfectly painted engine!

Matt

wallew

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Kenny,
Paint the frame. THEN decide if you want the engine to match or not.

I know, it's a cop out answer, but only YOU should decide which color looks best.

Take pictures, pictures, pictures... Cause we ALL want to know how it's goin'.

jim

Longhunter7

Matching Colors?

Kenny,

A motorpool truck will most likely have several shades and colors of green.

If you want it to look like a REAL Military truck, and keep everyone guessing, use several colors! 2cents

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
that is what my 819 look like, it has a few shades of colors

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks