• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Just Picked These up!!! Brand new HET Engine!

justinramani

Hello Everyone!

I just picked up two of these brand new Detroit Diesel 8v92TA's. They aren't re-builds - they were just never installed. Any idea on what they might be worth? What are the different applications other than HET? They are both electronic engines.

Thanks in advance!

Screen Shot 2016-02-23 at 7.20.23 PM.jpg

74M35A2

Awesome grab. I'd pay you $1000 for one, but they are worth more than that. They are extensively used in larger marine applications such as many many yachts found around all coasts of Florida, etc.

Bandit02

May be a hard sell as they drink the fuel hard. I think they're 500 hp too.

I remember seeing ES selling new crate NHC250's for $14k. I bet easy $6500 each since they are brand new.

justinramani

May be a hard sell as they drink the fuel hard. I think they're 500 hp too.

I remember seeing ES selling new crate NHC250's for $14k. I bet easy $6500 each since they are brand new.
Thats good to know - crazy to think that the government bought 100k worth of engines that they never used. Hopefully they go to someone that will get some use out of them.

JDToumanian

I saw those. Too bad they're electronic... I'm sniffing around for a spare HEMTT engine, just to guarantee I'll never need it. I'd have to look in my Detroit manuals, but I don't think you can just take off the electronics and add a mechanical governor...

Jon

justinramani

I saw those. Too bad they're electronic... I'm sniffing around for a spare HEMTT engine, just to guarantee I'll never need it. I'd have to look in my Detroit manuals, but I don't think you can just take off the electronics and add a mechanical governor...

Jon
My understanding is that it's a process to convert, but it can be done. I think these two are going to get converted so that they can be used in an industrial application.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks