• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Just picked up a 10 hour MEP003

CDR

I Just picked up a 10 hour MEP003. For $1000! Put some fuel in it changed Oil installed spin on filters and BAM it fired right up! Runs amazing! After such a horrible experiences with my MEP802 this was a huge relief!

I'm missing one part wonder if anyone has one fuel pump return line
Thanks for any helpImageUploadedByTapatalk1426795164.962435.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1426795181.647496.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1426795192.715483.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1426795216.753975.jpg

CDR

Nice score, but you realize the clock may not be an accurate representation of running hours.
Based on when No extra coats of paint signs of a rebuild I would say it's extremely low hour generator trust me I'm not naïve I know the gauge could just pop out and Put a new one in

Keith_J

How does the fuel tank look? Because the exterior is rough. Also check priming pumps for their strainers. These catch the big dirt.

Ray70

You can have a return line made up easy enough at any hydraulic supply house or NAPA. Looks like you may be missing an adapter at the IP, but the line itself is 1/4", the tank end is a -4AN female swivel or #4 JIC female swivel. Looks like the pump itself right now is a 1/4" NPTF (hard to tell in the pic.) so you could just put a 1/4" NPTM on that end or get an adapter to go NPT to JIC and make a line #4 JIC on both ends.

Keith_J

If you have the fittings, you should be able to make the line yourself. My 002a has reusable fittings on that line, ferrule crimps elsewhere and I just use air hose ferrules with a vise crimping tool.

dangier

Lookin good. Also looks like you have it close to the building wall. You may want to leave room if you need to get into the starter. Can be a royal pain working upside down and manhandling the heavy starter. BTDT

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks