• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Just picked up a M-548A1

Evil Dr. Porkchop

Supporting Vendor
Nice! I was bidding on it but stopped around 10k. Did they say which of the two pictured is the one that was being sold? I was guessing it was the one with the black bumper, as the one pictured in the station was parked to the passenger side of the other and looks like it's missing. I was up there a few months back but didn't pay much attention to the m548s.

The operator's book for the a1 is here on the site:
http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?78746-TM-s-for-Tracked-Vehicles

m38inmaine

I have driven it a few times on fires, hated to see it go but it was a pain for them to transport each time. I wanted to bid but 18K+ is out of my price range.

Anthill

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am not sure which one it is - didn't notice that they weren't the same vehicle. I spoke to the contact person and was told that it ran well but winch doesn't work. He said he would try to get additional pics but never did.

Thanks for the link.

Anthill

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It did get expensive but a friend and I are talking about possibly removing the tank and putting troop seats in it and offering rides on the beach from the boardwalk in Wildwood,New Jersey. Not fully set up at this point but we are working on the details.

Driving it must have been a blast. Did you actually fight fires with it ? I was told it has a tank in the back but not sure what else is with it. I can't wait to drive it myself !

m38inmaine

Yes, it was used for forest fires. They removed all the track pads so it could not be driven on the tar roads, might want to try and find some.

Last edited:

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ant that is a very nice/interesting looking machine congrats on the purchase I am a little green with envy on this one! Please keep the pics coming it looks like a fine machine and I look forward to seeing more!
Karl

Anthill

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It ended at $18,566, I wanted to keep it under 20k. The 2 pics they had on the listing are all I have for now, but I will take many more !

Last edited:

TacticalTruck

Nothing like sitting on a two stroke in an aluminum bucket with tracks. Without a doubt, it's the loudest vehicle I've ever been in. A blast to dive and they'll go anywhere. Jon, I thought you learned your lesson.

Anthill

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I spoke with the person responsible for listing them and asked about the other two. He said that they were already sold to a state agency back in January but they hadn't picked them up yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks