• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

just put a radio in the deuce

Hoefler

I did this in an A3-mine has the rubber floor matts and is very quiet compared to my duece. Tried it-its pretty good. No reason to crank Johnny Cash loud anyway.

dittle

iPod with noise cancelling ear buds. Just loud enough to hear it over the background noise but can still hear the sounds of the deuce. Only problem is you have to watch catching the wires from the ear buds when steering or shifting but you figure out a work around quickly.

Thought this would be a good opportunity to post some pictures of the electronics installation I have been working on for my A3.

As you can see the two converters, four channel amp, buses and fuse boxes have been mounted to a cut sheet of plywood that I designed to bolt to the back of the passenger seat. The stereo and cb have been installed in a wooden frame that will mount inside the glove box (map box). I am going to drill a hole through the box latch so that I can pad lock it to keep the contents safe. I also plan on mounting two 4' antennas for the cb and using a FM/AM splitter to provide signal to the stereo. Two Wolo PA's (powered by two of the amp channels) will be mounted between the A3's headlights and engine compartment. Since the cb and its internal speaker will be in the glove (map) box, I will have to mount an external cb speaker somewhere. I made the pictured speaker box to fit under the passenger seat. It has two 5" speakers and two 6"x9" speakers. They will be powered directly from the stereo. Also pictured is the 152db Wolo train horn that I still need to figure where to mount. I was going to put it in the engine compartment but I think it is too big and will probably have to go under the bed. Not pictured is a 3 port 12v accessory outlet and Garmin Nuvi that I plan on installing. Eventually I would like to add two marine speakers in the bed (powered by two of the amp channels) but I haven't ordered those yet. Finally, I want to install eight off road lights with 24v bulbs on three circuits (front, side, rear). I will try to posts pics of the completed installs.

Attachments

slotman

Has anyone tryed mortorcycle com units person to person, radio and motorcycle to motorcycle
ability with cb much cheaper then aviation units but dont know how good they are?

ratat98

Here's my setup that I got working today: I installed the voltage converter on the bottom of the passenger seat, just to the right of the high-low shifter and just ran the wiring harness along the floor with wire loom and metal hold downs that bolt to the bolts along the transmission tunnel. The speakers are in the corners of the hard top just rear of the doors. The stereo is a 4 speaker system, and tomorrow I plan on hooking a cable into the two unused speaker connections that will connect to my aviation intercom system so I can wear headsets while driving. I fabricated the panel that hold the stereo out of sheet metal. The big pull knob turns the 12 volt system on, and the two smaller ones are auxiliary ones if I want to hook up lights or anything else later.

Attachments

poppacap

i have a simular set up but i installed a glass pack in the exhaust tube made a huge diff plus coated the floor and fire wall with bed liner.im also going to insulate the hood and inner fenders to quite that puppy down so i can enjoy my metallica tunes.:eek:

dutchguy

Here's my setup that I got working today: I installed the voltage converter on the bottom of the passenger seat, just to the right of the high-low shifter and just ran the wiring harness along the floor with wire loom and metal hold downs that bolt to the bolts along the transmission tunnel. The speakers are in the corners of the hard top just rear of the doors. The stereo is a 4 speaker system, and tomorrow I plan on hooking a cable into the two unused speaker connections that will connect to my aviation intercom system so I can wear headsets while driving. I fabricated the panel that hold the stereo out of sheet metal. The big pull knob turns the 12 volt system on, and the two smaller ones are auxiliary ones if I want to hook up lights or anything else later.
Why is your ammeter labeled "air"? Just asking.........

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks