• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Just put my M1009 on ebay

ragedracer

It just might be bad timing with christmas in about a week . Bigger stuff seems to sell better when tax returns start coming back.
Yeah, I thought about that. I do have a ton of watchers, 30+ as of a couple hours ago and LOTS of page views. I'm just hoping they're waiting til the last minute to pull the trigger.

ryan77

Ebay is hit or miss i sold one on there it took 3 times to finally sell, first time it sold guy never came to get it, second time it didnt meet reserve, then the third time it sold!! Hang in it will sell!!!

K9Vic

With eBay most bidding happens in the last few hours, so you will just have to see what happens near the end.

It has been my observation on eBay that a CUCV will sell for more if it is original with no customization. Your truck loos good, but it has incorrect seats, gauges, radio and speakers. Also a well cleaned CUCV not seeing any dirt and black painted under side. The best way to get the most out of your vehicle sale is to clean & detail it, even with a CUCV.

I am restoring a M1009 and currently the interior is stripped out and will be cleaned out. I plan to rhino line the floor in the cabin after fixing some rust spots and patch a small hole. The next step is to clean the under side and paint it flat black. The engine bay will be cleaned and some of the brackets removed & painted. It will have a era correct digital radio with the dial nobs and front speakers under the dash, but no rear speakers. The radio was there when I got it and it works well, so I might as well keep it in there.

ragedracer

With eBay most bidding happens in the last few hours, so you will just have to see what happens near the end.

It has been my observation on eBay that a CUCV will sell for more if it is original with no customization.
Yeah, I know that will definitely play a part in value. I honestly purchased with the intent of never selling it, as such I wasn't concerned in keeping it "correct". I'm certainly having mixed feelings right now about it not having bids. :oops:

I don't really want to let it go, you know?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks