• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Just starting on my MEP-003a Journey

mikemarti

Okay after the recent power outages I just got word from "She Who Must be Obeyed" that I need to get that generator I purchased last June running and hooked to the house...jettison everything else:grd: LoL.

So the first thing I did was skim thru the posts here last night, purchased a Spin Filter kit from Speddmon, printed the TM, printed and read it.

After sleeping on it all I have come up with the following plan…

Fix the diesel motor first…using the TM Maintenance Guide starting on TM pg 4-5 work thru the checks and inspections brining everything up to date.

I know I have a few housing plates missing, the "Load terminal board cover" for instance, so as I make my way around the motor I can ID and try to find replacements. I think a few wires are suspect too, so I’ll replace them as I go.

Any thoughts for the FNG?

P.S. I am your basic can change oil and do basic maintenance kinda guy. I do have access to a former Marine buddy about 4 hours away who was/is a diesel mech.

lostkid

Hey there, good luck. Having reconditioned several of these I may have some parts to offer you. Feel free to let me know what you need when you get to that point and I'll see what I have.

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome aboard and thank you for the purchase. If you need any help or advice, feel free to post something up or send me a PM. We'll get you running sooner or later!