• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Just won a M1152A1 and have questions...

spankybear

It's out of Barstow and has no windshield glass... I see Am General has glass but I am wondering if it will fit. I don't see "m1152A1" listed under the glass. I understand it;s not armor. Also any leads on gaskets and retainers?

Is there anything I should watch out for on trucks coming out of Barstow? Anyone know why they cut the serpentine belts on most of the trucks I see?

HoveringHMMWV

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Make sure you get the windshield retainers for ECV/REV trucks, not the earlier ones.
Looks like Craig @ MacMotors can help with that too as per...

tgejesse

Looks like Craig @ MacMotors can help with that too as per...
My lower retainers came in the mail today!

Autonomy_Lost

Thanks again for the info... Are the windshield frames not the same?
They are the same in terms of fitment of the glass. However the old ones use screws to hold the retainers in, and the new ones have threaded inserts that accept bolts. And the hole locations are different.

Can you post a picture of yours?

spankybear

Paid and EUC submitted... Wonder how long the wait will be... Next question is getting it to Washington. I am not opposed to picking this up myself. Any idea what the weight it of these trucks? I am thinking about buying or renting a 7000# flatbed trailer and don't know it that will work. Also any suggestion on people to haul it would be nice.

Coug

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My recommendation for going down to pick it up is drive through Nevada instead of commifornia.
Commifornia laws are a lot stricter about when you're supposed to pull into weigh stations and whatnot.
But then, I was driving an F450 with a gooseneck trailer, so legally I was required to stop at every single scale in cali, which I didn't want to do.

What part of WA are you in?

spankybear

My recommendation for going down to pick it up is drive through Nevada instead of commifornia.
Commifornia laws are a lot stricter about when you're supposed to pull into weigh stations and whatnot.
But then, I was driving an F450 with a gooseneck trailer, so legally I was required to stop at every single scale in cali, which I didn't want to do.

What part of WA are you in?
I know about California and all the BS... (being on of them dam Californians who moved out) The scales use to say "no pickups" and I would be driving my pickup... they don't say that anymore? I do know the Nevada Route... also through Utah on The 15 (I15 for non Californians)

I am on the same wet side as you but up a bit more north in soho county (northeast of shitattle)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks