• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Just Won M101A2, no EUC needed

texwatercop

Welp,

Just got myself an M101A2 from Hodges, SC for 285.00. Looks like its in great condition, no bows or top visible tho, but looks like its got HMMWV tires on it. Guess thats a good thing, even tho they are 3 inches bigger than what I have on the Jeep.
Hopefully, I can stay away from bidding on anything else til I get a real job... just reitired from 25 years in the USCG snd I dont think being a WALMART greeter is in the cards here with all these retrarded err I mean retired Marines around here :razz:

Chief_919

Ahh, so your the &^%*&%^(%^(* who outbid me.

I was being cheap.

None of thsoe down there had HMMWV tires that I saw.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Congrats, that is a nice looking trailer. Sure looks like HMMWV rolling stock. Heck of a deal.

Ratch

I saw that one, I thought it pretty odd that it had those wheels as an A2. They are bigger tires and will make it ride a little higher. They're also wide and set in more, so I'm surprised they clear the frame and wheel well.

Good price on it, too. An A2 in New Jersey just went for double what you closed at.

3dAngus

Wonder if it is an A3 mislabeled as an A2. That would explain the HMWWV tires, if in fact, they are HMWWV tires. Looks odd somehow?

edit: Excuse me, not meaning odd looking, but not quite like an A2 or an A3 that I am familiar with, but what do I know.

The Chief would know. Bet money on that one, but he might have to climb under it.

Last edited:

Ratch

That's an A1 or A2 cargo box, and at least an M116A2 frame. It could be an A3 frame, but I'd expect the wheels to stick out further from under the cargo box if so.
The fenders on the later A3's stick out much further to cover the wider A3 axle. Early A3's with the same track-width as the A2's usually had additional supports to the cargo box sidewalls and a lift ring at each corner like the M105's.

It's probably a regular A2 that someone slapped those wheels on.

Nonotagain

It's an early A2 box(no bed stiffeners) with Hummer wheels and rubber.
The tires are a tight fit but look good tucked inside the fender wells.
You done good Grasshopper for your first purchase.

scrapdaddy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Let me ask a question on the landing gear. I just picked up two 101a2's and the landing gear was adjustable, cranked up. Looks like that one is fixed like my 101a1., but it has surge brakes! I'm confused.

Chief_919

Let me ask a question on the landing gear. I just picked up two 101a2's and the landing gear was adjustable, cranked up. Looks like that one is fixed like my 101a1., but it has surge brakes! I'm confused.
101A2 kanding gear is just like the 101A1. 101A3 is adjustable.

Some 101A2's were retrofitted with A3 landing legs. Some were built into M101A2E2 specs with the A3 axles, sprinsg and gear.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks