• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Just won M923A2 from GL, now what?

brock

Picked up my M923A2 today. Im glad to report that there are no issue to report. Pics and additional info coming soon.

Thank you all for the great info.

Doug Roberts

Just a bit of advice,

buy fuel filters and replace them before you drive the truck off the lot, second buy batteries, third bring a credit card with a high limit Becuase there's a very good chance your going to wind up on the side of the road. If any of the tires have been flat be very careful till they warm up.

Unhook your ctis if it has it even if it's working unhook it till you get home. I would also buy bulbs for the blinkers and tail lights. Bring plenty of tools. Also bring about 3 gallons of oil, 3 gallons of 30wt or dexron III, bring a gallon or two of 80-90w gear oil, and 2 or 3 5 gallon fuel cans. If the trucks starts and runs take it to a big parking lot and get familiar with the way the truck handles and the way the brakes work. I would also bring some brake clean and pb blaster so you can clean and free up your air dryer Becuase there's a good chance the relief valve will be stuck open.

Its always a good idea to just have the truck shipped home.
I'd advise doing this ! If it starts and runs , you might try setting an appointment with a truck service very close by. Picking up on a Friday is very risky , 5pm most everyone heads home for the weekend. If you're broke down this fact could cost you. Pick up during the week is better. Having the truck Lowboyed back is the safest. Asphalt is not this truck's favorite friend.