• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

JW4x4's M932A1

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'll pass. Got pics of the gantry? I may need such a critter since the plan is to move the M108A2.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Dude, that truck looks perfect. Congrats!

I can't wait to see it.

now you just need a civvy trailer, CARC'd up to haul all your and your buddy's stuff around.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I'll pass. Got pics of the gantry? I may need such a critter since the plan is to move the M108A2.
The guy HAD 3 of them. SW and his brother bought 2 for $400 each. One spans 20ft, the other 14ft. Steve tried to buy the third one, but he decided to keep it. Pics were taken, I'm sure one will get posted soon.

jw4x4

So JW showed up at Steve's just in time to help us put his gantry crane together. I be thats the last time he shows up to show off a truck!
I showed up in my get-dirty clothes and had my work gloves as always. None of us even gave the truck a second look until the task was completed. I showed up just in time to help get it done. Now the interesting dissection can unfold on the slapper motor.

jw4x4

Dude, that truck looks perfect. Congrats!

I can't wait to see it.

now you just need a civvy trailer, CARC'd up to haul all your and your buddy's stuff around.
I have not done the research, but I don't know how easy it would be to hook to a civvy trailer. The 5th wheel might be a little high, and I didn't see a 12v pigtail for the electric. I am pretty sure the air lines would work. What I intend on doing is a shortened drop-side deuce bed. It's got a HUGE pintle hook for tag trailers.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hats off to both Gimpy and JW for helping me get the gantry crane together.

No Kenny it isn't air conditioned but after this week I wish it was.

Afterwards Jerry let me drive the truck around the country block. Nice.....

He found a bolt on the pass side right in front of the body isolation snubbers. It looks to me like it is something they use to keep the body from moving during shipment to prevent damage the the snubbers but that's just a guess. It goes through the frame up to a bracket on the body and it has a cotter pin the top to keep it from falling out.

I offered him $50 for the truck when he got there. Other than putting shackles on the front there is nothing to do on the truck that I could see. That Cummins with the Allison feels like it could do some pulling.

jdknech

He found a bolt on the pass side right in front of the body isolation snubbers. It looks to me like it is something they use to keep the body from moving during shipment to prevent damage the the snubbers but that's just a guess. It goes through the frame up to a bracket on the body and it has a cotter pin the top to keep it from falling out.

i noticed the same thing on my M932, i was stumped as to what it was...

jw4x4

The best guess I can come up with is that its to raise the front of the cab up so that the engine can be easier to work on. Like maybe getting the rear-most cylinder head off??? Or something similar.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks