• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

K5 Front Seat Bench Operation

privatevince

i admit it: i only have a weak civilian issue of a K5, but i need your help on military parts.

i threw out those uncomfy bucket seats of my '81 Blazer to swap in a tiltable bench of a military M1009 or Pickup (got it from the bay years ago, don't remember where it came from)

So, now, i'm workin on it (reupholstering, painting), i noticed, that it doesn't latch or i don't really understand the operation. i searched in the manuals here, but didn't find that described.

can you explain if my set misses parts (spring f.e.) or how that thing works? i can just assume, that the lever moves forward, when i hit the breaks, so it doesn't tilt. but therefore it is stuck too much.

oh, and if i put the plastic cover on it, i can not reach that lever...

any suggestions?

bench.jpg

bench mechanism.jpg

bench mechanism 2.jpg

86m1028

Is that a rear bench seat out of a crew cab ?
My rear crewcab (r/v series) seat doesn't lock.
Matter a fact my m1031 bench doesn't lock either.

Skinny

I would sit on that bench for a few hours and get back to me on how much more comfy it is than the buckets. It is on par with a milk crate or flipped over 5 gallon bucket.

Drock

I would sit on that bench for a few hours and get back to me on how much more comfy it is than the buckets. It is on par with a milk crate or flipped over 5 gallon bucket.
AGREE!!! yeah I'd gladly trade you my bench seat for a set of buckets!

privatevince

hey guys, take a look at my location!
this is a small country, there's often no speed limit and the gas price is so high, it hurts.
so i'm hardly gonna sit in that seat for "a few hours" unfortunately.
for the long road i'll take the mondeo (40 mpg)
btw, the high buckets are ugly as ****...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks