• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Kaiser Jeep wish list..suggestions for Santa? or hannukah?

Adamlee

Alright, we all know how nice it would be to have the time to get our shopping done...
I've been trying to shop for thisngs for my deuce for 3 or 4 years, and still haven't gotten it done (thankfully it's not the daily driver...yet)

Anyway, was talking with the "better half" and she was actually into the idea of wrapping the costs of substantial work & parts for my deuce into the mortgage for a house we are looking to buy next spring/summer.

This got me to thinking...

1. heater kit/slave cable setup: my Kaiser never had one
2. set of super single wheels AND tires
3. good used/new rear racks and bows, canvas, end tarps, etc
4. one driver's side fender (used)
5. commo shelter for use as HQ/camper in the bed
6. good M101 3/4ton trailer
7. deep water fording kit....

....and then suddenly, I felt a little greedy....

wallew

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sent my wish list to Clark Trucks

Here ya go, this is the email I sent to Clark Trucks yesterday:

---

Mr. Clark,
I have an interest in a deuce and a half.

After doing my research on the internet, your company may be the way to go. I do have several questions. I'll ask for the moon and am willing to be very flexible, depending on availability and costs.

I would appreciate a quote. So much for the basic truck, so much for all the options, so much for the odd paint job. A total would be nice. I will fly out to pick the truck up and drive it back to Denver, Colorado.

1) Basic configuration

I want an M36A2 in a LWB configuration with a hard top. A multi-fuel turbo diesel engine. A 5 speed transmission model 3053 (5 spd w/OD) with an air shift (front axle?) two speed transfer case. Two fuel tanks, one per side in the normal place. The ability to pull an M105 trailer on the rear of this truck, including air brake and lights hookups. Unsure of wheels and tires.

2) Odd requests using military parts

I want to replace the 16 foot bed with an M35A2 12 foot bed with a top, leaving a 4 foot gap between the cab and the bed. Two spare tires. Two spare fuel tanks. Front mounted winch (w/cable). An M105 trailer with a top to attach to the rear of this truck. The gap between the cab and the bed will be used to mount the two spares (one per side), two spare fuel tanks (mounted above regular fuel tanks) and a large lockable metal tool box. I will install a large heavy roll bar with a swing out tire dismounting device (rotation of 180 degrees).

3) REALLY odd request - paint

My really odd request is a purple camo configuration. To get the Royal Purple company to be a sponsor, having the only Purple camo deuce would go a long way towards accomplishing that goal. A deep (Royal) purple with black and greyish purple camo spots (shiny or flat). Does this sound doable? I know it's an odd request and if it can't be done, I do understand.

4) Items I'll add as time progresses after the purchase

A) rubber floor w/sound insulation up to the window line, door treatments for sound insulation, roof liner for sound insulation (think Dynamat)
B) electronics gear includes lights on the roll bar and the front grill (halogen and IR for night vision goggles), GPS system via computer and a flat panel display, a sound system, XM radio, a CB and a cell phone
C) supplying the power will be additional 12V batteries (in bottom of tool box?) plus a solar charger and an additional 12 alternator
D) a tig or mig welder with a generator to power it (in M105 trailer?)
E) air driven tools to help with tire changes and other mechanical work

Well, that's about it. Feel free to make suggestions or modifications.

---

Not sure about stepping up to the M36A2. I first asked about the M35A2 with a M105 9 foot bed in place of the 12 foot bed. I'm mentally going back and forth. The LWB would be nice, but on several levels, perhaps not. I don't know. jim

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks