• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

kaiser m35

robert c neth

Banned
tried the faq and cant find the right answer.we have a 67 kaiser m 35 that has no front wheel drive .is there an adjusment for this.there is a rod that goes back and forth with 1st and reverse cant find this setup any where.or would the srague be bad thanks from a newbie.

robert c neth

Banned
i will have to do photos this is not set up like any of my other trucks.there is a rod from the tranny right to the tcase it goes in and out with forward or reverse.the rod goes right into the clutch housing i read through 35 pages of info so far and they do not cover this set up maybey i will just google it ,thanks for the replies

pegasus55

Steel Soldiers Supporter
robert, I also have a '67 Kaiser and would be interested to know what you find out. As far as I know my front axle works, but would still like to know what you find out. I do know that mine is a sprague actuated system.

Westech

CPL
ok ... but you have a sprag... there are only two type of cases in the deuce air shift.. and sprag.. all the links I posted are for the sprag.... the other thing to do is Down load the TM's for your truck.

robert c neth

Banned
it bobbed and only the rear wheels spin.i know its a sprag but the linckage is not the same as any other t case i have seen,i geuss i will try and download the tm.thanks

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Robert, it definitely sounds like you have a sprag transfer.

First, find a thread that details the diagnosing and adjustment of the sprag.

Apply said techniques to yours and re-test for front axle engagement.

If it continues not to function, then the sprag is worn out and will either need to be replaced or the entire transfer replaced with another sprag style unit or upgraded to an air shift.

Listen to Westech-he is an old timer and is pointing you in the right direction. :D

jasonjc

The op now states that it's "bobed" some one may have put some odd ball thing in it. He all so says the rod goes into the clutch housing?? May have been buba'ed:roll:

hof3414

I also have a 67 kaiser and my front wheel drive will work in reverse and not forward gears. I' m assuming at one time I had a air shift transfer case because all of my air lines/air locker switch/ flex air lines are in place. However when I first bought the truck it did not have front wheel drive going forwards or backwards. I finally realized I had a sprague and tried adjusting it as per TM's. After Adjusting/driving, adjusting/driving, adjusting/driving I could only get it to work in reverse. I think I may have damaged it when I first got the truck as I assumed it was an air shift and let it drift forward in reverse gears twice and it popped really loud both times (actually thought i got rear ended the first time it was so loud). Anyway try adjusting if it is a sprague if it doesn't work guess its time for a new sprague.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks