• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Kansas City roll call!

KsM715

Can you take POV's out on the tank trails? Ive seen lots of stuff over there I'd love to take my Jeep on.

Dave, I work in KC all week down near Bass Pro. If I didnt have to drive from Manhattan and back every day this week I'd come up today just to check it out.

HardCorps79

hardcorps: that is by far the best avatar I have ever seen!! welcome to the best mv sit on the net!!:grin:
That's actually my wife of 9 years (and mother of 3 boys). We went down for a friend's wedding in the 1009 last weekend and she was doing the photography for it. I told her I needed to borrow her stuff for a second- had her jump up on the hood and snapped a few shots. I have some others of her getting out of the truck, but this one came out the best. The entire set is in an album on my profile:
http://www.steelsoldiers.com/members/hardcorps79-albums-hot-steel.html

davesgmc

Can you take POV's out on the tank trails? Ive seen lots of stuff over there I'd love to take my Jeep on.

Dave, I work in KC all week down near Bass Pro. If I didnt have to drive from Manhattan and back every day this week I'd come up today just to check it out.

the bass pro out in olathe? I know exactly where that is. I actually live not too far from the kansas speedway. moving soon to tonganoxie actually.

jwright

I just bought my frist duce last week at Jeff City and now the wait of the EUC this is my frist EUC so it might take so time. Looking forward to getting together with other MV owners. I live in Belton Mo. just 30 miles south of Kc. :-D

HardCorps79

I just bought my frist duce last week at Jeff City and now the wait of the EUC this is my frist EUC so it might take so time. Looking forward to getting together with other MV owners. I live in Belton Mo. just 30 miles south of Kc. :-D
Awesome! I'm in Belton, too. I know at least one other SS member (mostly inactive/lurker) just up the road from me. And the husband of the gal that works at O'Reilly has a M1008. I met him and told him about the site, but haven't seen him on here, yet.

Once I get the M1009 running again (bad Injector Pump), we'll have to have a BBQ or something. I'm thinking late summer at least.

davesgmc

You guys should join the local mvpa chapter. Bring your truck out to some of the shows. Especailly Liberty Memorial on memorial weekend.

davesgmc

You like military vehicles? You like hanging around with other people that do? Like working on your trucks and helping others? If the answer is yes, comon out and join our local group. You are more than welcome to come out to my place in kcks, (before I move) and take a ride or drive the 5 ton 4door truck. I ahve already moved my ferret out to tonganoxie, but thats not too far either.

If your memorial day weekend is free, YOU BETTER BRING ANY MILITARY VEHICLE OUT TO LIBERTY MEMORIAL! We have all sorts of vehicle on display then, from pristine wwii jeeps to old beat up POS stuff. We camp out there all weekend. Set up is on sat afternoon and we tear down and leave monday later afternoon. It is a blast. there are THOUSANDS of people that walk through there to look at the vehicle and displays.

Give me a call sometime

if i dont answer, leave a message

Dave Thomas
913 219 3179

davesgmc

local meetings are the fist wed of every month. they are held at the olathe fire station off college blvd and 7hiway. we ahve another member out near you in belton somewhere. Steve D. Maybe ya'll can ride out together. This weekend (weather providing) we are having a members only camp out and 4x4 trail ride at an undisclosed location on a few hundred acres. I will take the 5 ton and the ferret down to that if it isint cancelled due to rain and mud.

davesgmc

oh, now thats the hard part,,,,,its a whoping $15 a year!

cant beat that huh?

the MVPA national if you choose to join that too,,,which you dont have to, is $35 a year.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks