• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Kansas readiness placards

BenRoberts

Certified insane
I have 2 placards on the door jam of my 923 on is the mwo apps which it has about 5 of those small tags about that and another one that says they did repairs on it. now I read of military rebuilds on these and it says nothing about that so what sort of repairs would kansas readiness perform on one?

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Mine had brand new G177s and has been a good truck with no problems. Rustproofing was good as well.

fuzzytoaster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Agreed, the Kansas programs has had the best overhauled trucks I've gotten my hands on. I had 7 sister trucks, all ready to be issued with BII and etc just waiting to be used. New batteries and fuel lines but never a problem past that.

BenRoberts

Certified insane
On the repair placard im just curious how do you know what they did to it. it just said performed repairs and has a number so no idea if it was rebuilt or they did some minor things

fuzzytoaster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I can only speak from what I've seen but it varies by truck. All seem to get paint, tires, troop seats, and new top (not always a hard top upgrade) at minimum. Any of the WMO tags you should be able to google to see what was done. Most of the ones I've had got new hoses, RRAD rebuilt engines & transmissions or at least an injection pump replacement, new hood, and new gauges if the engine was reset. If anyone has any insight into what they do exactly I'm all ears.

Attachments

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
They generally take it apart, remove the body, sandblast and paint the frame and other metal. Test drivetrain components to see if they are in spec and replace if needed. Then put it all back together. I believe it's all done by civilians under a private military contract. Some rebuild facilities like red river will reuse anything they possibly can and do shoddy work. All the Kansas trucks I have had were done right.

Csm Davis

RSMS rebuilt trucks are built better than new in some ways, there were 5 through out the country, one in Kansas and one in Camp Shelby, Mississippi the others I forgot, but most of the workers were a mix of Veterans and national guard technicians. They take the vehicle's down to the frame and check all the mechanical assemblies for quality and replace any that don't meet specifications blast and repaint everything and replace any hoses and rubber or plastic parts, basically a complete restoration like guys do antique cars. The rebuild on the M931A2 at Camp Shelby cost 65,000.00 per truck and I think was well worth it.

sent from my decrepit fingers

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
RSMS rebuilt trucks are built better than new in some ways, there were 5 through out the country, one in Kansas and one in Camp Shelby, Mississippi the others I forgot, but most of the workers were a mix of Veterans and national guard technicians. They take the vehicle's down to the frame and check all the mechanical assemblies for quality and replace any that don't meet specifications blast and repaint everything and replace any hoses and rubber or plastic parts, basically a complete restoration like guys do antique cars. The rebuild on the M931A2 at Camp Shelby cost 65,000.00 per truck and I think was well worth it.

sent from my decrepit fingers
This had to have been one of em eh? Hahaha. I still think a lil flex seal and take that rod out and she will runuploadfromtaptalk1462431970318.jpg

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks