• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Katrina Deuce Story - MUST READ

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
With Isaac inbound for the Gulf coast, it makes one think of this story again.

I talked to Sarge an hour ago, he had just got off the phone with Tracy. All Tracy is expecting is 18" of rain :)shock:) and not much in the way of wind, so there shouldn't be any need for Sarge to repeat the performance.
But he would if he had to!

Cheers

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
With Isaac inbound for the Gulf coast, it makes one think of this story again.

I talked to Sarge an hour ago, he had just got off the phone with Tracy. All Tracy is expecting is 18" of rain :)shock:) and not much in the way of wind, so there shouldn't be any need for Sarge to repeat the performance.
But he would if he had to!

Cheers

Rory,
Thanks for the SITREP.
I'm confident that I was not the only one wondering about an encore performance, and praying that it would not be required.

For all those impacted by this hurricane.....Godspeed!

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Most welcome, John.

One thing I can say is that if he does embark on a similar trip, I will not again be the one seeing him off in the night saying to myself "He reeeeally shouldn't be going alone..." The last time I was going myself with a unit from work, so could not go with him. That won't happen again!

Cheers

Last edited:

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Time for another BUMP.

Storm season is approaching and it's time to get the trucks operational again.

Thanks Sarge!!!!

Heath_h49008

These are the times I'm thankful I live up here in the midwest where we might get thunderstorms, tornadoes, straight line winds, and blizzards/ice storms... but never the kind of broadly spread destruction mayhem you folks seem to get every few years. Luckily our disasters are more localized. One county might be a nightmare, but we don't have to drag everything in from 200 miles away, and every major business has back-up generators so even if power is out for a while, it's not like everything stops.

Good luck this season guys.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
8th Anniversary of Hurricane Katrina

Well, Troops, it's hard to comprehend that it's been EIGHT years since Huricane Katrina made landfall on the Gulf Coast.

I respectfully BUMP this thread and also add this link to the History Channel's THIS DAY IN HISTORY notes about this horrible storm.

http://www.history.com/this-day-in-.../hurricane-katrina-wreaks-havoc-on-gulf-coast

Please take the time to read this story (See POST #1) about Sarge, and the heroism of "running IN while others are running OUT."

Last edited by a moderator:

poppop

That is a great read and well worth all the newbe's time to read it. It shows what a person can do if they want to and how much it is appreciated by the affected citizens, local law and local military. I had the great pleasure to send Sarge some very small parts he needed for his Duece shortly after that free of charge and extremely proud to do so.

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sarge (my neighbour) and the Deuce are still around, although the Deuce is about to be re-engined (lots of metal bits showed up in the oil one day. Big bits).
Sarge's engine is still running fine!

Cheers

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thank to Sarge for his service to the New Orleans and the Gulf Coast!

I would also like to thank all the private faith based relief organizations that were some of the first boots on the ground and some of the boots that stayed for the long haul, sometimes years.

Thank You to the Coast Guard for having the organizational where all to have assets prepositioned and ready to provide immediate search and rescue. Coast Guard Pilots and small boat operators are enpowered to make command decisions without stumbling with the cumbersome command hierarchy that stifled other federal efforts. What they did here is just simply amazing.

Words can not begin to describe the things I saw, witnessed, felt etc

My biggest regret is not have caught on film the images that are burned into my brain.

May no community ever have to experience the scale of what K did to the entire Gulf Coast.

A moment of silence for all who perished. Let us never forget what happened here.

Amen.

i could ony hope to have the cojones to do this especially with problems that bad but thankfully due to the internet and social media getting relief groups and good samaritains to converge on an affected area is easier than ever its still held back from the ull potential because of most americans being lazy (myself includes) and selfish (myself excluded).

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
This was posted to my facebook page today. I thought is most timely to share it with y'all via this thread. Few amongst us truely possess "The Right Stuff". When it is revealed to us, we salute.
Heraclitus 500BC - The Warrior.jpg
To our Brother Sarge, I once again render my most respectful SALUTE.

John

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
On this, the 9th anniversary of Huricane Katrina's landfall, I thought it a good time to BUMP this thread.

Here's the History Channel's THIS DAY IN HISTORY link posted today in their Daily Email:

http://www.history.com/this-day-in-.../hurricane-katrina-wreaks-havoc-on-gulf-coast

May God bless all those who experienced this storm, those who responded to their aid - particularly SARGE - and to those who are still to this day feeling the impact of that life-changing natural disaster.

If you haven't yet read this story (see POST #1), I strongly recommend that you do so now.

Carry on.

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am honored to know Sarge personally. He has his faults (don't we all) but the man's heart is bigger than he is and Sarge is a VERY big man.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Has it been ten years? Times does fly.

Thanks Sarge.

Bump

Last edited:

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
He doesn't get on here much anymore, but I'll pass on y'alls regards.

Speaking of flying, haven't seen Sarge since last night. Around 11pm, he decided to give me a "UFO moment" with a well-lighted drone. Turns out a large cedar tree resented the drone's presence and swatted it from the skies. We found most of the parts.
So now Sarge has a new project - drone rebuilding.

Cheers

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks