• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

KATS 1500w block heater install w/ photos

weld88

Ok so before I decided to install a block heater on my deuce I searched the forums and found info on them but no install photos or where to hook up at. There are several types of heaters but I decided on a 1500w Kats recirculation heater. After my install I plugged it up and worked like a charm, heater hoses got really warm within 5 min and the manifold warmed up within 10 min. Below is where and how I installed.

1. On the manifold where the heater hoses that run to your heater box come out there will be
3rd port that is plugged, You will need to take the plug out and install a barb fitting to
allow you to attach your new heater hose to run to the Kats heater.
2. Drill the frame to be able to mount the actual Kats heater itself.
3. At the back of the block towards the bottom there is a block drain valve that you will have
to unplug and install barb fitting to attach heater hose.
4. Now all this above is to be done on the passenger side that's where the heater and all
plugs and hoses need to be installed, on passenger side.
5. Once you have the kats heater mounted to provided bracket run your 5/8's heater hose
(Not included with kit) from the barb installed at back of block to Kats heater then the
Other hose from the top of kats heater to the barb installed on the manifold.
6. Make sure all hoses, clamps and fittings are tight then plug up to check.

Now this is basic install procedure and works well for me. I am not responsible for mis installation of product and this post should be used only as a guide. I would call this install easy to moderate. No special tools required.

20140125_130353.jpg20140125_130529.jpg
20140125_130634.jpg20140125_130623.jpg

Thanks for reading and I hope this helps someone.

ATPTac

I've been toying with getting a block heater myself. Typically the winters around here are relatively mild, so I decided it might not be worth it. But with how this winter has been, I'm revisiting the idea. Thanks for the write up!

weld88

This winter has been harsh. My truck starts fine in the lower 30's upper 20's but this single digit business is really pushing my truck to start on it's own, it will start just hard on it. This block heater truly has made a difference and for only 50 bucks not a bad investment.

Kasper31

A note to those that install these heaters, be very careful and do NOT plug in the heater until you have the antifreeze filled up and run the engine to get the air out of the heater and hoses. If you do there is the very good possibility that you WILL burn up the heater. Don't ask me how I know,,,,,,,,,,,

mjcdetroit

I have the 1,000-watt version sitting on my workbrench. I plan on doing the install (along with other work) in the spring when it is warmer.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks