• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Kat's 1500watt circulating tank block heater install

bigwhale

Has anyone here installed the Kats 1500 model number 13150 gravity fed block heater in their 5 ton ? If so , where and how did you install it and if you have picts and or schematics that would help me out alot. Mine hates to start below 30 degrees and needs some sort of block heater. Thanks in advance.

5tonman1971

I would get a coolant heater instead of a block heater Becuase it will heat up your coolant which in turn heats the radiator and cylinder head and block with in about 20-45 minutes. Heats it right up to about 160-200 degrees. I don't remember the brand but I will take a picture of it and post it for you.

5tonman1971

Oh lol this is exactly what I have it's a vey good heater and super easy to install. There is an extra port coming off the water pump that you can install this to then run the other end to the other 1" hose on top on the engine. I will take pictures tomorrow.