• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Kats Circulating Heater Install Problem

asg13

Took my truck to my local guy who works on it occasionally. He is having trouble with the parts provided to install it properly so he says. It comes with a tee for the return i believe, but the inlet. The hose on the truck is 1 1/4 inches. So i need a tee 1 1/4 on both ends with the nipple 3/4 inches so to speak. I know this is hard to follow. Hopefully someone has installed one of these in the cucv and can give a bit of direction.

Thanks

rsh4364

I have a tank style heater also and plan to install as dependable posted,I have to fab up some mounting brackets for mine.The main thing with the tank style is the heater must be lower then the feed point.If you feed from lower radiator hose its really hard to install heater lower then that point.Im using a hotstart heater# tps151gt10-000,it has no check valve so it will flow both ways.So it should work when following dependables install link.When the truck is running coolant will flow from pass.side head thru block heater to heater core.But when motor not running the block heater is fed from heater core inlet and block heater outlet goes into coolant crossover to heat engine.Another way is feed it from bottom of radiator on drivers side by removing rad. petcock and adding a barb fitting in its place,then install a hmmwv coolant crossover,it has a port on drivers side you can tie into.But you still need block heater lower than the point feeding it.The nice thing about the Kim Hotstart units are they are rebuildable and have a built in thermo.heats block 100-120 degrees and turns off at 120.If your temps. rarely get down to -10 or below just install a temro freeze plug block heater,1000 watts. Friends don't let friends buy Katz.

Last edited:

cucvrus

,then install a cucv coolant crossover,it has a port on drivers side you can tie into

Are you referring to a HMMWV coolant manifold? Like the one I sold you? I am trying to picture your Antarctic tundra design. You need to get the CUCV arctic grille cover also. :idea:

rsh4364

,then install a cucv coolant crossover,it has a port on drivers side you can tie into

Are you referring to a HMMWV coolant manifold? Like the one I sold you? I am trying to picture your Antarctic tundra design. You need to get the CUCV arctic grille cover also. :idea:
Yes the HMMWV crossover,my bad..I have the Jatonka grill cover.Thanks,Rick.

cucvrus

What ever a jatonka is? Sounds like a cardboard box that a Tonka truck came in. I am making a new grille cover for my Mule. I will preview it when it is complete. I am using genuine CUCV parts.

cucvrus

Be on the lookout for OHIO FNM7445 sporting the Jatonka bra winter cover. Is it snowing in Ohio already? If it is keep it there. the plows are not ready in PA.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks