• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

kcgonzo on ebay

Junkyard Wars Crusher

12B20
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey guys, bomar and rdm make a good point. It would seem that we would want to avoid running up the price on fellow members.

I have, myself, in the past posted links to auctions that I thought were relevant to some topic being discussed. I will refrain from doing that in the future. Mostly because of the possibility of helping all of the slugs out there lurking on Steel Soldiers who are not registered users.
(maybe instead of posting to the forum (where the whole world can see), one could send a PM to a fellow member that is in need of the item.)

I also believe in not creating bidding wars between members (my apologies if I have in the past, it was not knowingly so). However, there are some obstacles inherent to eBay to keep in mind that will be difficult to overcome.

1. Some members may have a different name on eBay than the name they use on Steel Soldiers (myself included), which makes it difficult to recognize a fellow member.

2. Alot of bidding takes place in the waning seconds of an auction. - no way to tell if two members are simultaneously sniping.

3. How do you handle the scenario where Steel Soldier "A" bids first, but bids ridiculously low because he doesn't really need the item. Then Steel Soldier "B" (who really needs the item!)comes along, sees that fellow member, Soldier "A" is bidding and he stays out. Then outsider "C" bids a reasonable amount at the last moment and takes the item. :cry: I know, there are alot of "ifs" in there, but just trying to point out possibilities.

I guess, in summary, what I am trying to suggest is: Think courteously and use PMs concerning eBay.

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
With 1,500 members on this list it's hard not to bid against each other.
Considering how much is sold on ebay, very little is actually posted/advertised on this forum.
I never worry about who the other bidders are, if I want the item I bid to win. If the price is not reasonable, I simply let it go.

I have had good dealings with kcgonzo, even sold me some unlisted stuff.

Dieselsmoke

I've bought many items from him, no trouble at all. Sellers like that I have no problem with as i realize they are not a business just selling off some "junk" in their spare time. I do the same but also post in my ads that I'm not going to go through hoops to ship. I live quite a ways from the nearest shipping place, so I only ship once a week. I've also gone to Paypal only on payments that way people pay at pretty much the same time and I can do all my shipping at one time. Makes things a whole lot easier.

bomar76

JohnnyReb said:
Hey bomar:
If you have ammo for any of those "play toys" leaning against the wall, then you don't have to worry 'bout me bidding against you!!! :(
The Lake City Arsenal works a lot of overtime to support our habits :wink:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks