• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Keep loosing prime

Masspilot

So I keep loosing prime on my truck and noticed a small puddle of diesel under the truck. I have to pump the primer bulb but once it's started it runs for a little then looses prime again. I know it must be sucking air anyone else ever experience this. Pls let me know

Masspilot

Primer housing and filter

So truck was running fine and then just died after finally getting it started and talking to a few friends. Will and Eric it was determined that the primer filter set up went out in the truck and it was sucking air in. So I was able to track it down its a Razor. I have attached a pic of the part number to the post I found one at the local diesel shop in town for just a little over $100.00. Just so you know if this thing fails while you are out and about your blank out of luck and stuck where you are. I just wanted to share my fun with you all.IMG_20171127_204509_01.jpg

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Search aids:

Parker Racor 445R10 FMTV LMTV MTV Fuel Filter Assembly

Thanks for the info.

Duckworthe

I am waiting for that part number to be sent to me right now from parker. As soon as I get the call back I will post it up.

Ok all, Here is the reply and part numbers provided by Parker for the units. They don't currently have a complete unit with housing and heater in stock. So you will have to purchase the same primer housing unit as posted above and then order the heater and install it yourself. There are two different heaters, 12v and 24v. I will post both as I am not sure which one we use on our trucks, Would assume 24v. Can someone chime in on this? The heater unit comes with the heater and new bowl. You just remove the one you have and replace with the other. Then you will have a spare bowl.

Fuel water separator is PN 445R10- Filter housing and primer bulb unit
Heater unit PN 12v heater is RK22616-01
Heater unit PN 24v heater is RK22616-02

Hope this helps.
Eric

Last edited:

firefinder

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I tried tracking the heater element a couple of months ago. Here is the info and photos I found:

BOWL w/ HEATER ELEMENT
RK22141
4330-01-418-7593
Parts kit, Sediment Bowl
Heated bowl kit, 14 vdc heater

HEATER ELEMENT
22002 04F
49 93
Valid Racor part number, but proprietary. Not available to public.

I hope you have better luck than I did!

IMG_2287.jpgIMG_2290.jpgIMG_2292.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks