• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Kentucky Recovery

kipman

Old grunt and myself went last thursday to get his deuce out of Kentucky, 210 miles one way, easy trip down, ran 61 mph, the trip back was a pain, had Gimps towbar and that helped, but hard on the truck with the hills.

Attachments

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, I see part of the problem. The towing vehicle is missing 4 tires! LOL. I had some choice words back in 03 when I drug my M35A2 over Jellico with my M275A2. IIRC is was at about 25 at the top.

oilcan

Nice parking job there, Cletus! :razz:

Is the tow rig the same one that did 8,791 miles an hour when you brought it home?

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
From what I was told, some of the guys picking up deuces while Kip and Brett were there, didn't even know they had to push in the "engine stop" cable to get them started! I would have shaken my head and laughed as I left.

Oldgrunt

The run down to Ky was great, passing Big trucks and the scales. Had some trouble with the lights on the way home, but thanks to Gimpy we got that taken care of in Cinni. The rest of the trip home was really slow, even got passed by the Oscar Meyer Weiner Mobile, Kip has a picture. That was a 16 hour day, but with the help of my Brother and Gimpy I got her home. Thank God for WMO, all it cost me was $50.00 if fuel. The WMO just didn't have enought BTU's to do that kind of pulling.

I'm ready for the next road trip, nothing makes you feel alive like 15,000 lbs pushing you down the road, knowing that if you really need to stop you are SOL.

Old Grunt

Oldgrunt

Mr. Neal from GL is who you will be dealing with at Frankfort, real nice guy. They were having a parking problem when we were there, so half of the lot was full of brand new Hummers, wish I could have made a trade. I think that some more research should be done and a lot more questions asked before you go to pick up a Deuce at GL.

dcthom3

My brother and I recovered our deuces today. Had one hour to get two trucks out. Luckily one ran great and the other needed some brake fluid. It was a quick ride home (less than 5 miles) but man them those trucks are sweet.

Oldgrunt

Man you lucky dog, being able to pick up a Deuce that close to the house sure is nice. I hope you guys got a couple of good ones. Hopefully you guys will be able to make it to Haspin in June.

number9

Dang, I didn't know Frankfort had trucks. I have been looking at GL for about 3 weeks and only seen 2 small trailers listed in Frankfort on GL. I am only about 20 miles from there, that would be nice.

Let me ask you guys a question. If you buy a Duece or trailer or whatever from a GL site, can they load them onto a flatbed with a crane or forklift? I have a semi and access to 48' flatbeds or drop decks I could haul a Duece or trailer home with, but I see some auction listings stating Buyer To Load - if a truck isn't a runner / driver, how the heck are you expected to get it onto a trailer so you can haul it out of there?