• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Kentucky Vietnam Vet Parade

Hay Man

There will be a Vietnam and Vietnam Era veterans welcome home parade on Saturday, October 9, 2010 in London, Kentucky. Actually, there will be several days of events, including a 5k run and a car show. London is in southeast Kentucky on Interstate 75.

One of the organizing committee members told me that they would love to have military vehicles in the parade, especially those from the Vietnam War era. So, if anyone's interested in coming, here's a link to the website that has information on all the events, including a parade entry form: Vietnam & Vietnam Era Veterans Welcome Home Parade.

I hope to see some of you there. If you're interested but need information not on the website, just let me know and I'll help.

Last edited:

mckeeranger

I wouldn't mind hitting this event. It all depends on me getting the head gaskets replaced. The oil leak is getting unmanageable.

If I can run down the head bolt wrench and a top end gasket set by then, I'm in. I may even see if some of the local Boy Scouts down there would like to ride in the back.

Hay Man

I wouldn't mind hitting this event. It all depends on me getting the head gaskets replaced. The oil leak is getting unmanageable.

If I can run down the head bolt wrench and a top end gasket set by then, I'm in. I may even see if some of the local Boy Scouts down there would like to ride in the back.
It would be great if you can make it. The lady I know from the organizing committee told me that they're expecting between 10,000 and 30,000 people to attend. She was told that there's been an effort to publicize the parade among motorcyclists, so there could be as many as 2,500 cyles there. That seemed a bit high to me, but who knows? We do have a Harley dealer in town and there always seems to be a crowd over there, even without a parade.

Hopefully there will some other military vehicles as well. There's a half-track in the county, but I don't know the owner. I met his wife at church last Sunday and she told me that he's getting it ready for the parade. I work with a guy that has an M37 and I think he's planning on entering it. So far, so good.

Good luck with the head gaskets.