• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Kenworth 8X8

JDToumanian

Very cool! There are some similar looking 8x8s at Barstow Truck Parts, except they are made by Mack, and have one steer axle and three driven rears. They also have Detroit 8V92s. (Or were they 8V71s?...)

I love 2-stroke Detroits (my favorite diesels!) but an 8V92 is total overkill for us... 450 hp, 4-5 mpg... Still cool if someone wants a heavy hauler. I would guess that most trucks of that capacity will have similar hp and mpg figures. Fuel in the oil is bad news... that engine will probably need liner kits.

Regards,
Jon

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
this is a XM977,HMTT( high mobility tactiacl truck), this is a 10 ton rated truck, it was a cargo with a kboom behind the cab,top speed was 55,weighted 25000lbs, grose was 45000 off road, this may be the aberdeen test truck, if that is the case, it maybe the only one inexestance, as my books show NO production of this truck

jasonjc

Someone needs to get this truck and save/restore it. It would be a one of akind show stopper.....someone....anyone......

73m819

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
im trying to work on that, you guys wont beleave this, but my wife is the one working out how to pay for it. WOW what a keeper, she said that if i get this, its my chrastmas present for ever, and the parts are my brithday presents.

73m819

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
more info on this, it came from the army 12 years ago compleat with the boom and cargo bed, it was at the pa rebuild base for its life span, the sn is 000002, which is one more then my book said, everything worked when parked, its in very good shape, air brakes, everything is there but the bed and boom, even the trans pto, WOW,WOW,WOW drowl, sloober, lookes like the 819 will have a play mate after all,

cant take out to dinner, spent all the money on the xm977

Adamlee

8x8 for Ron

Ron, this you should get. If you could leverage it, I'd use the "buy it now" for the 4k it's at. This is indeed a prototype, and like the HMMWV prototypes, rare & unique.

Very cool!

73m819

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
RE: 8x8 for Ron

thats what im going to do if i can movent and storage, i need ton do this quick, so i get it, afaid it will go to someone who will part itout, that would be a sacrilage

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

Ron, in his ad, he says HE got it 12 yrs ago. Maybe he took the bed and boom off of it. He might have it sitting around somewhere, looks like a big area!

73m819

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial

well i left a I WILL BUY IT NOW message, he got it from the guy who got from the miltiary 12 years ago, that guy wanted the bed and the crane, i plan to fifth wheel it and put a m123 winch behind the cab, deck it ect, dont forget im into heavy recovery, turn it into a tractor as if there was a tractor in the series

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

Check the article in MVM with Bruce's HEMTT on the cover. David Doyle has a pic of one in that article. Thats a rare bird indeed. I'm sure DD has more info on it!

73m819

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial

well i own it, now to pay for it and get it moved

jasonjc

sounds like cranetruck will not be the only one with a 8X8 tractor.. Does that mean that we all will have to upgrade to 8X8's or get left behind???:)

73m819

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial

kenny, that pic on page 80 in mv mag is a 5t, MY truck is a 10t xm977, its sn is xm9770002

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

You're so right! Shopping for an 8V92 now Ron? At least you have the stuff to swap it! Love green motors!

73m819

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial

thie is one of the few xm977 (guess theres was less then a half a dozen) test trucks from aberdeen

NEIOWA

Re: RE: 8x8 for Ron

73m819 said:
well i left a I WILL BUY IT NOW message, he got it from the guy who got from the miltiary 12 years ago, that guy wanted the bed and the crane, i plan to fifth wheel it and put a m123 winch behind the cab, deck it ect, dont forget im into heavy recovery, turn it into a tractor as if there was a tractor in the series
Or how about an M911 45000lb hyraulic winch? Those I have available.

73m819

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial

no need for a motor, its the fuel line set up on the head, thay tend to crack and leak fuel into the oil, the engine was shut down as soon as the problem was decovered, still had full oil pressure