• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Keywords

Braunchitis

When posting a new thread, I think it would be maybe helpful to have a box to type in keywords relating to the topic for easier searching later. That could cut down on threads about the same thing being posted over and over. Maybe.

For example:
[Thread Title] Radio Installation
[Keywords] Radio, Stereo, Music, Deck, Player, AM/FM, CD
Etc.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I think what you are referring to is "tags", such as what youtube uses, to help users find other videos with similar content. I have seen other forums use tagging, but only as a casual viewer (I don't post on any of the sites I have seen this on).

There are some problems, though in implementing this.

One, the time. We don't' even have enough time to get a good member's map up.

Two, no one would use it unless we forced them and the whining would be enough to explode our heads.

Three-technically, something like this sort of already exists, just not in a method as organized as tagging. Using the search function should ALWAYS preclude someone starting a new thread unless they are introducing themselves to the forum or showing off pics of their new vehicle. When using the search, all the words in the thread should come up (if you searched for them).