• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

King Pin bushings

m35a2cowner

Ok I have had enough of the clunky noise in the front end. Has anyone changed a set of King Pin Bushings? Also, how hard is it to change the front axle seal? I am tired of a grabby brake as well. Do I need any special tools and do you have to have a machine shop push in and hone the new bushings? Thanks

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've changed mine. I bought a kit from boyce equipment last year. You will have to burnish or hone them to size once you push them in. Saturn has the burnish tool for this. You can use a drill to run it. I did mine in my lathe. They may need grease groves cut in them also.
Changing the inner seals isn't hard. But they are on the inside of the holders. Some guys use a long pipe to knock them out from the other side. I used a slide hammer type puller and had them out it 2 wacks.

m35a2cowner

This time I am going to do it.

Gringeltaube thanks for the reminder, I had every intention of doing it then but just decided to keep pumping in the grease and live with it. Now its time to fix it once and for all. Is there any trick to removing the axle? Does it just pull out or is there some type of retainer? Thanks.

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Re: This time I am going to do it.

m35a2cowner said:
Is there any trick to removing the axle? Does it just pull out or is there some type of retainer? Thanks.
No tricks, no retainer! Once the spindle is off you just pull the axle out.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks