• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Kirby comes a'callin

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Today Kirby1957 rolled into my LZ to "drop and hook".
He dropped off a very nice M927 and hooked his Ford pickup to a trailer he was pulling behind the M927. The objective was to recover some air conditioner units and MRAP seats I had been holding for him. He was enroute from the "Land of Northern Aggression" back to Arizona, his FOB.
The M927 will occupy some real estate adjecent to the M936 I recovered for him last year. Since they are both Harsco trucks I see no issues with rivalry.
Once we got the Ford out of the M927 (despite the best efforts of Mr Murphy things went fairly well) and hooked to the trailer we convoyed over to my Alternate LZ (otherwise known as FOB "Akenbak Acres") to load out the ac units and seats.
Although the weather was threatening we managed to get everything loaded out without getting wet.
Elmo and one of the Boss Lady's dogs supervised. Just as Kirby was getting ready to leave I missed Elmo...remembering the "Great Possum Napping of 2012" I checked around and sure enough there was Elmo strapped to the trailer. I'm not accusing anyone of anything but the Boss Lady had a very guilty look on her face. I don't think Kirby would knowingly aid and abet a possum knapping.....but you never know.
Kirby is good folks and will be headed back this way in a few weeks and may have trailer space available. If you need something hauled toward SC pop him a PM
.IMG_3609.jpgIMG_3610.jpgIMG_3611.jpgIMG_3620.jpgIMG_3624.jpg

Attachments

Last edited:

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looking good!

Kirby if you're heading to SC and needs a place to stay, you're welcome at the compound! Not too far from I-20, I-77, and I-26.

At least Elmo was wearing a 'seatbelt'