• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Knuckle Boot Lube type?

Procyon256

I noticed a leak on the inside of the front wheel of my M35A2. It appeared to be heavy oil and was coming from the gasket for a square plate with a grease fitting that was held on by 4 large bolts. The boot looked in good shape. I want to check the level and replace the lube if need be. One of the maintenance manuals shows to remove 2 plugs by the axle housing and to fill at the top grease fitting. I haven't been able to find the type of lube to use to refill.

Does anyone know the civilian equal to the lube type?

Any other comments that may be helpful are welcome.

Dan S.

devilman96

G is right... search, search, search... Down load AND READ your TM's!!!

Your problem is more than likely a leaking axle seal pushing gear oil out of the axle, into knuckle, mixing it with grease, then leaking past the king pin (square flange your talking about).

Check your axle vent first to see if it is plugged but you will more than likely need to tear the knuckle down and reseal the axle...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks