• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Knuckle Boots

Superdave

I am in the need of some knuckle boots for my truck and wanted to know where is a good place to get them, and if they will ship to Canada. I have heard of the two types of the boot, the one piece and the two piece. Is there any difference between the two as to there quality? is there any I should stay away from due to there quality? All info would be great as I have to change them before I get my truck inspected.

GIJoeCzar

Steel Soldiers Supporter
knuckle boots

non-zippered boots require you to tear down the entire axle end (5 Ton pictured, but idea is the same):

http://czarnik.net/joe/My_Stuff/Mil...923 M925/Truck Repair Progress/Wheel Service/

zippered boots can be replaced without even removing the wheel (although I'd recommend it):

http://czarnik.net/joe/My_Stuff/Mil...O Rings and grommets and CV Boot/DSC03623.JPG

DON'T buy the stuff coming in from China or Korea; I bough one of these a year back when I needed one ASAP and ended up sending the boot back to the vendor (stitching was really poor).

non-zipper boot requires more work, but you get a better seal and you get to look at what's going on within the CV of your front axle.

zipper boot is easy to replace, but doesn't seal as well.

DanMartin

RE: knuckle boots

Send a PM to Mike at ODIron...he is "Devilman96" here on the SS site, or you can email him directly (link is on his site odiron.com)

Mike sells the good stuff, and can hook you up. Make sure he will ship the boots to Canada (if they are US Gov't surplus, he may not be able to, but if they are new off-the-shelf parts he should be able to ship them to you no problem.). I have bought both zippered and non-zippered boots from him and they are of the best quality. He also warranties his 1-piece boots I believe for 1 year. I would recommend getting the master kit that has all of the seals you will need to replace when you tear down the front axle for the 1-piece boots if you chose to go that way.

Plan on spending at least a full day doing yours if this is your first time....probably more if you're new to working on the M35. For some parts of the repair, you will need a helper.

devilman96

RE: knuckle boots

Yep I can ship both the master or basic kits to Canada... (im also licenced for exporting otherwise)

http://www.odiron.com/store/index.php?cPath=4_48

I have changed suppliers on zipper boots and have a much better product avalaible (and do warranty both zipper or non zipper) I still do not recomend using the zipper type them... Their great for a field repair or a patch for a get'me'by but are not the right solution. No matter whom you get them from stick with the soild (zipperless) boots...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks