• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Knucklehead from gulf coast, MS

southbreeze

Hey Guys,

I've just picked up my first deuce a '70 Reo. My Uncle called me with a great find North of Little Rock and I shipped him some doe-ray-me. I've got to get up there and pick it up now.

I know very little about these things and am looking forward to picking all your brains in the process.

Thanks ahead of time for your patience, cuz I'm a little special :shock:

Here's my new farm truck......at least this what my uncle sent for pix. Hhmmmm, come to think of it, I haven't heard from him for a while. Maybe he's pulled a jimmy buffet and is sipping a margarita somawheres and these are his truck pic's!

Cheers,
Southbreeze

Attachments

southbreeze

Thanks for the welcome aboards, gents.

I get the search thing, got hammered pretty hard a few years back another forum for asking the wrong question.

I'm handy with a wrench, but the last true military vehicle I worked on was a ship. I might be all day trying to find the boiler on this thing!:confused:

Cheers,
Breeze

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG

I get the search thing, got hammered pretty hard a few years back another forum for asking the wrong question.

I'm handy with a wrench, but the last true military vehicle I worked on was a ship. I might be all day trying to find the boiler on this thing!:confused:

Cheers,
Breeze
The boiler should be located mid ship...er...deuce... right next to the the quadrostatic linear nerffel trunion.

Hope that helps:beer:

Attachments

dodgedougak

Steel Soldiers Supporter
superheaters

Cheers,
Breeze
No superheater, just manifold heaters! Actually, the manifold heater resembles a boiler burner nozzle!

southbreeze

No superheater, just manifold heaters! Actually, the manifold heater resembles a boiler burner nozzle!
Hah! from what i read on here earlier, the best heaters are $12 hair driers..... attached to a $700 generator and $20 worth of Gas.

I'm going to guess a 'bottom blow' will be left for a bad chili dinner from Mel's diner!

Doug, that same Unc is with a group that's supposed to do some anniversary run via the Al-Can Hwy to your neck of the woods, later this year????? supposed to be a helluva convoy. You know anything about it?

MHasset, I'll look them up and thanks for the info.

Cheers,
MM2 Breeze
USS Peleliu LHA-5 '92-94
USS Francis Hammond FF-1067 '89-92

southbreeze

The boiler should be located mid ship...er...deuce... right next to the the quadrostatic linear nerffel trunion.

Hope that helps:beer:
Papa B, is that somewhere near the flux capacitor?

I wear the scars that prove i'm a knuckle dragger and probably should've rode the the short bus to school!

Someones avatar or sig on here says "I've met the enemy and he is us...."

Man, do I resemble that statement ro what?

dodgedougak

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Southbreeze- Yep, I will be on that MVPA AlCan convoy this summer, with wife, daughter and grandkids! The whole month of August camping through Yukon and Alaska with a bunch of "greenies". Should be a blast. First gear, Dawson Creek BC, Aug. 4. You can follow us on the MVPA website or Facebook, AC12 convoy.

southbreeze

Man, I wish I could be there. I work overseas and just can't get that much time off! I could get 2 weeks in tops, then travel back and get ready to go to work.

I'm jealous, but y'all have a great time.

Cheers,
Breeze