• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Knucklehead from gulf coast, MS

southbreeze

Hey Guys,

I've just picked up my first deuce a '70 Reo. My Uncle called me with a great find North of Little Rock and I shipped him some doe-ray-me. I've got to get up there and pick it up now.

I know very little about these things and am looking forward to picking all your brains in the process.

Thanks ahead of time for your patience, cuz I'm a little special :shock:

Here's my new farm truck......at least this what my uncle sent for pix. Hhmmmm, come to think of it, I haven't heard from him for a while. Maybe he's pulled a jimmy buffet and is sipping a margarita somawheres and these are his truck pic's!

Cheers,
Southbreeze

Attachments

southbreeze

Thanks for the welcome aboards, gents.

I get the search thing, got hammered pretty hard a few years back another forum for asking the wrong question.

I'm handy with a wrench, but the last true military vehicle I worked on was a ship. I might be all day trying to find the boiler on this thing!:confused:

Cheers,
Breeze

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG

I get the search thing, got hammered pretty hard a few years back another forum for asking the wrong question.

I'm handy with a wrench, but the last true military vehicle I worked on was a ship. I might be all day trying to find the boiler on this thing!:confused:

Cheers,
Breeze
The boiler should be located mid ship...er...deuce... right next to the the quadrostatic linear nerffel trunion.

Hope that helps:beer:

Attachments

dodgedougak

Steel Soldiers Supporter
superheaters

Cheers,
Breeze
No superheater, just manifold heaters! Actually, the manifold heater resembles a boiler burner nozzle!

southbreeze

No superheater, just manifold heaters! Actually, the manifold heater resembles a boiler burner nozzle!
Hah! from what i read on here earlier, the best heaters are $12 hair driers..... attached to a $700 generator and $20 worth of Gas.

I'm going to guess a 'bottom blow' will be left for a bad chili dinner from Mel's diner!

Doug, that same Unc is with a group that's supposed to do some anniversary run via the Al-Can Hwy to your neck of the woods, later this year????? supposed to be a helluva convoy. You know anything about it?

MHasset, I'll look them up and thanks for the info.

Cheers,
MM2 Breeze
USS Peleliu LHA-5 '92-94
USS Francis Hammond FF-1067 '89-92

southbreeze

The boiler should be located mid ship...er...deuce... right next to the the quadrostatic linear nerffel trunion.

Hope that helps:beer:
Papa B, is that somewhere near the flux capacitor?

I wear the scars that prove i'm a knuckle dragger and probably should've rode the the short bus to school!

Someones avatar or sig on here says "I've met the enemy and he is us...."

Man, do I resemble that statement ro what?

dodgedougak

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Southbreeze- Yep, I will be on that MVPA AlCan convoy this summer, with wife, daughter and grandkids! The whole month of August camping through Yukon and Alaska with a bunch of "greenies". Should be a blast. First gear, Dawson Creek BC, Aug. 4. You can follow us on the MVPA website or Facebook, AC12 convoy.

southbreeze

Man, I wish I could be there. I work overseas and just can't get that much time off! I could get 2 weeks in tops, then travel back and get ready to go to work.

I'm jealous, but y'all have a great time.

Cheers,
Breeze

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks