• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Korean war to Vietnam five ton forum?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
For the same reason there isn't a gasser deuce section, M35A1 section, M35A3 section. We could create dozens of extra forums but the vehicles are essentially the same.

Csm Davis

But there is a early deuce forum in this section so that's where the gasser would go right? I am wanting the forum to stay easy to use and it is setup for the age to be the main separator then weight group. This came to my attention when I went looking for info on M51 trucks lately, I am not saying it should just be added it should have been there all along.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Deuces and 5 tons are different-there is no "interim" 5 ton in between WWII stuff and the M39.

Deuce =

WWII = CCKW
Interim (Korea) = GMC (Early deuce forum)
Later = Reo (M44, G742)

5 ton =
WWII = All the weird stuff like Federals, Macks, IH, etc.

Then they jump straight into the M39 series.

Nothing in between.

Csm Davis

Okay but the M-39 series is a truck of that time and the M-125 and some others that would be along that time frame that would be that age. Not arguing just to argue but as this forum grows and gets older improper placement will get worse not better.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
But there is a early deuce forum in this section so that's where the gasser would go right?
The early deuce forum is for the GMC's (G749 series). The gasser deuces go in the deuce forum which covers all series of G742 vehicles.

With the huge numbers of 900 series trucks being released and how significantly different they are, I personally think they need their own section.

Also there's a couple sections I don't think we need. For example the "Bradley" forum; it has 10 posts 3 of which aren't even related.2cents

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Korea had WW2 stuff and the "NEW" GMCs, the "NEW" REO (named for the cab design) series that included the 3/4, the 2 1/2, the 5t and the 10t, If you take a look at the equipment usage, you will see that well over 50% (closer to 75%) was WW2 equipment.

Last edited:

vtdeucedriver

I had thought about asking the moderators of G.503 to make a G744 section since I am such a fan. I certinly do believe that a thread about these trucks would quickly get washed under the pages due to the recent releases of the 900 series.

CSM, if there is anything I can help you with, feel free.

Csm Davis

Thanks Vtdeucedriver Unfortunately I probably can't keep them been trying to find the deuce a home because it's rare but no takers, and may try to save the M-51a2 but my funds are tight it will probably get chopped up like everything around here. :(

vtdeucedriver

Thanks Vtdeucedriver Unfortunately I probably can't keep them been trying to find the deuce a home because it's rare but no takers, and may try to save the M-51a2 but my funds are tight it will probably get chopped up like everything around here. :(

Well that sucks to hear that the M-51 will get the torch. That is the VERY NEXT vehicle on my list so ive been sniffing around. Sadly you are way too far south to make it work for me.

vtdeucedriver

I posted a formal request that our early 5 tons be separated out of the Post Vietnam to desert storm section. Our threads will get buried with 900 series threads and good info about our trucks from Korea to Vietnam will be missed.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Didn't get anything from you.

And we're so splintered now, I'm honestly not going to make another forum. We're already up to 95 forums.

vtdeucedriver

Didn't get anything from you.

And we're so splintered now, I'm honestly not going to make another forum. We're already up to 95 forums.
So those of us with these trucks will continue to wade through what is now a avg of 10 pages worth of 900 series threads to find some information on a old post? Where is the support in that?

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
So those of us with these trucks will continue to wade through what is now a avg of 10 pages worth of 900 series threads to find some information on a old post? Where is the support in that?
You're more than welcome to use the advanced search function under the 5 ton forum to help wade through the posts. Again, we have 95 forums to the public (Over 100 for other members). We're not going to keep splintering the forums down and down. We've been down this road over the M35 section and CUCV before.

vtdeucedriver

Well new owners of the type are not going to find that search function very friendly and its those people that are going to suffer because people like me who have the knowledge are not going to find their posting of questions. For 95 of these threads, I am sure there are few that are:deadhorse:

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Not 95 threads. 95 forum sections. You simply have no idea how many emails I get daily about "where do I post this" "where do I find that" or "where would this be".

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks