• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Kraz 255

Kyle Rajasthan

Kraz 255B Road legal in the U.S.?

I absolutely love these trucks. The Kraz 255/255B are awesome trucks. The newer ones are really impressive too, I just wonder why Kraz does not have an importer in this country. Anyway, does anybody know whether one of these monsters would be legal on U.S. roads and if so what kind of nightmare would it be to get it registered? I already know that importation is a separate nightmare, but I shall save that for later. I have had plans to get my hands on one for a while now, and if and when that occurs I want to have an idea what kind of mess I am going to be getting myself into. Any Ideas?

dmetalmiki

KRAZ 255b

Mine is for sale now. It IS the one on utube "slab common heavy vehicle trial"
Yes It is fantastic to drive AWSOME sounding engine! and deisel petrol? I run mine on CLEAN contam..no problem. same as my M series multifuel trucks. (heres the link) and dmetalmiki on u tube shows other videos of it.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdLJTCOW1zQ[/media]

Attachments

m880 unimog

the old scammells are awesome! almost 15 years ago one of the big MV dealer yards had about 40 KrAz 255,s-the owner offered them to me at £1700 [$2652] per 1-£1500 [$2340] per 2-£1200 [$1872] per 3 etc.

there were every varient,log hauler,bridge carrier,tractor unit,wrecker,gs troop carrier etc. some of the beauties we looked at had a gasoline engine heater system,this could be pressurised and ignited,and blew flames around the bottom of the sump,this would heat the engine oil to allow easier starting in severe cold weather.the excess heat from the flames was directed upward toward the fuel system via thin plates.

a friend had his 255 up on its back two wheels dragging a small tank out of a mudhole.

hail the V8 KING OF KREMUNCHUG

T815-8x8

I absolutely love these trucks. The Kraz 255/255B are awesome trucks. The newer ones are really impressive too, I just wonder why Kraz does not have an importer in this country. Anyway, does anybody know whether one of these monsters would be legal on U.S. roads and if so what kind of nightmare would it be to get it registered? I already know that importation is a separate nightmare, but I shall save that for later. I have had plans to get my hands on one for a while now, and if and when that occurs I want to have an idea what kind of mess I am going to be getting myself into. Any Ideas?
I had an NOS 900 km 79 model 255b came from Finland tires are 53" tall, import into US ? It's possible with some work biggest issue is if you can license 108" wide truck ? Some states can as special equipment. Still some available from Finland better condition than Polish units most of the time typically 5-6k Euro. Mine was super reliable on the button every time.

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=50.171818,15.645841

KMM4x4

In Russia such truck meets not really often. In army now KamAZ and the Urals is operated. Kraz-255 seldom comes across.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks