• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

L10 swap

So the nhc250 in my m925a1 is shot. For the price to rebuild it I might be able to get my hands on a L10. Anyone know what it might take to make this work. The L10 is rated at 300 hp' and 950 ft. lbs so it is right where the transmission is rated for. Any input would be great.

panzerwillie

I think the L-10 is a smaller engine by sizes more like a 8.3 should work all does engine have the same mounting points may take some modes if it's shorter also you can drop a 8.3 there are many around for sale

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think the L-10 is a smaller engine by sizes more like a 8.3 should work all does engine have the same mounting points may take some modes if it's shorter also you can drop a 8.3 there are many around for sale
Man, I hope you don't talk like you type!

The L10 is an ok engine IF you get the later, external damper engine. the early internal damper engines had cam, block, head issues. They are shorter, depending what it came out of, the flywheel hsg could work. You will need to make mounts. STAY AWAY from OAC style engines, they require special cooling systems and weren't one of Cummins' best ideas.

davo727

Do you know the year model cutoff between good and bad L-10 ?

The L10 is an ok engine IF you get the later, external damper engine. the early internal damper engines had cam, block, head issues. They are shorter, depending what it came out of, the flywheel hsg could work. You will need to make mounts. STAY AWAY from OAC style engines, they require special cooling systems and weren't one of Cummins' best ideas.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Late 1990. There were some external dampened, aftercooled, fixed time engines made, not too many though. 1991 was the start of the CELECT system and there was a step time control version up to 1994. After that, all electric.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks