• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

L3 30747 Generator Interfaces - interesting widgets...

Gary27701

Hello,

I can't find much information on these things.

They look like a good companion to the 805B and 806B generators.

Thoughts, and info to share?

Thanks,
Gary

Abrant23

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Did anyone ever figure out exactly what these things are? They are going for nothing on the planet. Like 20 of em for less than a grand cheap. Looks like they only start the 805/806 B models, but it would be cool to figure out if they can be adapted to other sets.

Guyfang

Staff member
This is the answer I got back from someone in CECOM. I asked him if the controllers were comparable.

A vendor will try everything to sell their stuff. NOPE, not even on any current systems as this is a SAFETY issue in the field.

And I think you will not find an Army data plate on the boxes. So let the buyer beware.

Chainbreaker

Last edited:

Abrant23

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Google Search turned this up: L3 Generator Interface 30747 C-Charger LDSS TQ 30/60 KW DIESEL GENERAT – SECO Parts and Equipment

Wow, street price is $750! Somebody's turning a nice profit if there are buyers.

There is also a used/open box one on eBay going for $549.

EDIT: FWIW here is a link to the Basler DGC-2020 Genset Controller itself used in that Generator Interface device.
I feel like for $50 bucks each after shipping and buyers premium there’s tons of stuff inside it that is worth more than that! That battery maintainer is worth more than that on its own.

Chainbreaker

Those Basler DGC-2020 controllers are listed on eBay from a low of $200 to $995! o_O

The person, or business, who bought the lot of 20 for $13.75 each (plus buyers premium) is going to make out very well even if the unit's were cannibalized & sold for parts and the enclosure sold for scrap metal.

That's assuming that they could not sell them as the products were designed for big $$.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks