• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

lack of power under load

Squirt-Truck

Master Chief
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Based on this information, it sounds like we have a boost fuel pump pressure issue. Now to determine if it is a worn pump, leaking pump seal (not likely) or broken damaged pressure regulator in the boost pump. OR lastly is it the overflow valve at the HH. (Not likely either since you did finally make 70 psi.) This boost pressure needs to be checked under load, and at the same time check the manifold pressure. At no load the engine should have a good snap when the accelerator is tapped.

KRaiskio

It goes up to 50-60 psi going down the road. Though there is no good snap to the engine anymore. I'm going to check the timing and then I think next step is to get an inj pump rebuild kit.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wait, in your first post you said it goes to 2500 sitting still. Governor break for the LDT is around 2750-2800. Check your throttle linkage/arm to make sure it's getting full throttle.

KRaiskio

It's getting full throttle. I was going to pull my HH today just for fun. As I started noticed that one of the four bolts were loose. So I tighten it, so I think. It was stripped in the ip and sucking air if i got down clise and listened under 3/4- full throttle. So new ip it is. Again thanks for all the help.

Vfflang

I'm have a simliar problem lack of power all of a sudden feel like a fuel problem got all the filter changed and tank and pump but still the same. She just run rough and I am a noob to diesels. Alot of good info here in this thread will try somethings.

here a video of how its runing at idle muffle is shaking really bad

MVI_1760.AVI - YouTube

KRaiskio

^So Finally got a new ( rebuilt) IP. Installed it and starts right up has way better snap to it but now blows black at wot? Im thinking I may need injectors still cause it runs a bit rough. could the HH be off from the rest of the pump? I assume those marks should line up to when installing it.

danny81

^So Finally got a new ( rebuilt) IP. Installed it and starts right up has way better snap to it but now blows black at wot? Im thinking I may need injectors still cause it runs a bit rough. could the HH be off from the rest of the pump? I assume those marks should line up to when installing it.

Sounds like your new IP may be turned up too high, do you have a pyrometer on your truck to see what your exhaust temps are running?
The black smoke is unburned fuel.

In your first post you mentioned you changed all filters, Was that including your air filter too?

Last edited:

hemichallenger

Did you change the govener also or just the pump?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks