• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Ladder stowage

jimm1009

Has anyone ever taken a ladder from something like an M109 shop van and retrofitted it to fit and stow on a M35A2 or A2C?
It seems like this would be a nice addition for people riding in the back during parades & festivals.
Could this stow under the frame area or on the tailgate? I don't have a ladder to measure.
Thanks,
Jim
jimm1009@yahoo.com

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wasn't there a thread here about sliding the ladder under the bed on a home made rack or something?

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That may have been when we were talking about the 5-tons. I made a simple wooden slide rail out of deck lumber so I could slide an M820 boarding ladder into the slot under the back of my M813. The ISO bed on those and the 900 series has a hatch in the back to allow stowing of the drop sides between the frame rails when flatbedding. I know C'dub keeps his ladder under there on Sharlene too.

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&p=174970&highlight=#174970

Cheers

J2H

On our 2.5tonners we would use the stowage hooks for any ladders or, lacking them, just toss it in the back. However, many of our Active Duty trucks don't have any sort of ladders or anything.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I ended up cutting the bed's skirt that covers the space between the truck frame and the bed frame. I will be putting a hinge on the piece I cut out so it doesn't look too bad. I can store lots of stuff in there, my Al ladder and tow bar comes to mind.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks