• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Lake City Scrap and sales yard!

cessnatwin

At the GA rally I was given information on a man named Mike Hawthorne (Hawthorne Tractor SVC) in Lake City, Fl. This is where I got my Gamma Goat from. This place is known by many, but not everyone. I only have some pictures, actually only a tiny photo op of this place, but if you are in need of MV parts especially really old stuff, this is your man. It is very easy to find, and Mike is one very nice, honest man.

Attachments

parlusk

At the GA rally I was given information on a man named Mike Hawthorne (Hawthorne Tractor SVC) in Lake City, Fl. This is where I got my Gamma Goat from. This place is known by many, but not everyone. I only have some pictures, actually only a tiny photo op of this place, but if you are in need of MV parts especially really old stuff, this is your man. It is very easy to find, and Mike is one very nice, honest man.

if an emp hits you will be the man to find

Bill W

Thanks for jolting my memory as I'm heading down in a couple of weeks to check some property I have in Lake City to which I'll swing by and see if theres anything there that I can't live without .
I know Mikes (late) father was very PROUD$$$ of his stuff and have heard that since he passed away that Mike has gotten much better on pricing stuff

Last edited:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was wondering on price. Every offer or counter offer I made to Mike, he had to run to Henry to get an OK. I was able to get them to drop nearly a grand off the price of the M108 but it took some finness and smooth dealing. I'd love to go back but going back with empty pockets will just make my stomach turn.

cessnatwin

Mike is firm on his prices, or very proud of his stuff, but if you are in need of something odd or rare, what can you do? He does not advertise it so you would only know it is there if you ask!

scorpion6

Gunner51 has the bows. Check his thread in the goat section of this forum. He is a very cool guy and will help you in any way he can. When I say bows I mean cab or trailer.2cents

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wow, 2 Humvees and a bobbed Duece? Green Soldier dream/drool factory.
And that's just from the pictures....
Too bad he's so far away....
The best is out front. It's nice but not great. If you really want to see something go to Jacks in AZ or Tomlins in UT. 3rd would be Barstow Truck Parts, CA / or SECO in Augusta, GA.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks