• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Lansing Mich. Memorial Day parade we need more trucks!!

hummer4x4guy

I am looking for ALL people with a military type vehicle. My neighbor who was in the Marines asked me to post that last years parade of trucks was a huge hit with the town of Holt where the parade will run.
They have a large area secured for us to stage our trucks at. Last year we had 3 trucks. I would love to see a lot more.
If you are interested please leave a message here. This year they (the parade committee) would like to see if we can give rides for vets.

If this year is like last years then after the parade we will go to their hall and have free lunch and beers (pay by the can) is how it worked last year. It is a Monday but most everyone should have it off and its a normal day off for myself.

Hope we can find a lot of trucks for this year.

Joel

cjtroutt

CW2 26 BDE HHC S6
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am looking for ALL people with a military type vehicle. My neighbor who was in the Marines asked me to post that last years parade of trucks was a huge hit with the town of Holt where the parade will run.
They have a large area secured for us to stage our trucks at. Last year we had 3 trucks. I would love to see a lot more.
If you are interested please leave a message here. This year they (the parade committee) would like to see if we can give rides for vets.

If this year is like last years then after the parade we will go to their hall and have free lunch and beers (pay by the can) is how it worked last year. It is a Monday but most everyone should have it off and its a normal day off for myself.

Hope we can find a lot of trucks for this year.

Joel
Joel it look like this year might be able to make it give me a call or pm me.:driver:

hummer4x4guy

@John I work weekends. Any other way to spread the word?
@Paul suck it up dude. We all know the cost of fuel. One trip wont kill ya. Besides your a bachelor too!
@CJ what info would ya like? There isn't any new info yet till my neighbor gets all the final details. When I get them tho I will post here.
Thanks guys

hummer4x4guy

It looks more like this parade will be on Memorial Day which is Monday. My neighbor Mike who was in the USMC talked to the parade people last night and I am waiting for info from Mike. Just wanted to update this and get it back on top. BTW anyone who knows anyone else who would like to either ride along or bring a military truck or drive one of yours please feel free to consider this. Just looking to get a nice turn out for the city.
Thanks everyone
Joel

hummer4x4guy

GW I think trailers would be a cool addition to any truck! As for the busted rad...Yeah you are best to leave it home unless its a quick and ez repair... :-D

goldwing2000

Banned
GW I think trailers would be a cool addition to any truck! As for the busted rad...Yeah you are best to leave it home unless its a quick and ez repair... :-D
Fixing the rad is one thing. Dropping $800 for insurance and plates is entirely another. ;)

Bigmech... been trying to get in touch with you. Give me a call when you get a chance, please.

hummer4x4guy

Just spoke with Mike and the parade starts at 1pm they would like us in the holding area y around 11am. We could either meet at my house and park along the road depending on how many people we have that will committ to showing up. Im in a sorta subdivision and off of a main road. We could then caravan with everyone having directions to get to the meeting place.

goldwing2000

Banned
Why not just post up coordinates of the meeting place and let people find their way there, if desired. Holt is closer to me than Lansing, so meeting up by you would be out of my way. Since I work afternoons, getting to Holt at 11am is already going to be difficult enough. :mrgreen:

hummer4x4guy

Point taken GW...somewhat. :) The coordinates of the meeting/parade starting area I am not sure of the address. It's an open lot sorta deal and I drove right past it the first time we went to do the parade. I live on the S edge of Lansing and only a mile or two from the Holy city line. Are you scheduled to work that Memorial day GW? Once I have more info like the address for the staging area I'll have it posted. Hope everyone can make it..

goldwing2000

Banned
As of right now, I have the day off. If you know where it is, maybe you could find it on Google Maps and post the grid coordinates if there's no actual address.

By the way, I'm totally with you on the "child free" sentiment!

hummer4x4guy

As requested I **BELIEVE** the address of the lot we will meet at is 4140 E Willoughby Rd in Holt Michigan. South side of the road and just East of some RXR tracks. Once I confirm this is the same/correct spot to meet at I will post.
Thanks for the shared sentiment on the CF lifestyle Goldwing. It is nice!
Joel

hummer4x4guy

Corrections:
Meeting area for all those in the parade is 4025 Holt Road. If you look on google maps it is on the south side of Holt road and it is the first driveway just before the railroad crossing. The driveway entrance has the RXR painted on the road right in front of the drive.
Directly across the road is lumberman lumber yard (or something like that). Parade start time is 2pm. If anyone wants to meet at my place prior to going to the waiting area I would suggest being here at my place 6436 Cooper Rd Lansing, between Miller rd and Edgewood between 11am and noon. We will leave at noon and hang out at the parade starting area from there till we need to roll. If you want my cell phone email me and I will give it to anyone who plans on coming. Any further questions feel free to ask.

hummer4x4guy

For those of you who are for sure in can I get a conformation if you are for sure in or not? How many trucks you will be bringing and if you will be meeting us at 4025 Holt which is where the parade line up starts and where Mike who is my neighbor will be situating us for where we will be in the parade line up. Or those of you who will be meeting at my house 6434 Cooper Rd in Lansing. We plan to leave my house by or close to noon. It is only about a 20 min drive to the start location. I also learned it looks like the beers are free and pop and food also. Any loud sirens or horns are welcome and we are encouraged to use them. PM me for my phone # if you need or want it incase of an issue. If ya have a trailer and wana bring it to spruce up your ride feel free.
Thanks everyone for helping me out and making this a better parade then last year.
[thumbzup]

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks