• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Lares 1430 Steering Gear Box installed. No brakes or Steering.

gunner_bear

Bought a Lares steering gear box # 1430 from Rock Auto for $123.99 with $135 core.. install went easy but could not get system bled and had no brakes of power steering so before giving up we called support at lares. They said to check the check valve on the rear of power steering pump as they get stuck in the open position and will not build pressure. Sure enough mine got stuck open when air got in system , freed it up and system bled out perfect and pump and box work great great. This Lares gear box was the most cost effective box i could find anywhere as you can not find the cardone 277595 anywhere. When all else fails read, call the manufacture.:):oops:

MaverickH1

Bought a Lares steering gear box # 1430 from Rock Auto for $123.99 with $135 core.. install went easy but could not get system bled and had no brakes of power steering so before giving up we called support at lares. They said to check the check valve on the rear of power steering pump as they get stuck in the open position and will not build pressure. Sure enough mine got stuck open when air got in system , freed it up and system bled out perfect and pump and box work great great. This Lares gear box was the most cost effective box i could find anywhere as you can not find the cardone 277595 anywhere. When all else fails read, call the manufacture.:):oops:
I know I'm reviving an old thread, but...

Where was the check valve and what needed to be done to free it up? I'm seeing nothing on the rear of mine except the steering shaft.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks