• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Large bore valve stems and accessories

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
So I had a tire that was consantly losing pressure over the winter. I finally broke it down, cleaned it up, and put a beadlock in there. While it was apart, I put some large bore valve stems I got from Fuzzytoaster and I must say, the Hemtt rims should have come with these! Way better than stock imho. ANYHOO, I was able to find plenty of large to standard adapters to go on the valve stem, but I want an air chuck to match. No luck on Egay, where are you guys getting yours?

As an aside, I had LOTS of mud and pebbles between the tire and rim. That was the reason for the leaking air! Maybe the beadlock will help. Just a heads up to all you guys that wheel with tubeless tires.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
So I had a tire that was consantly losing pressure over the winter. I finally broke it down, cleaned it up, and put a beadlock in there. While it was apart, I put some large bore valve stems I got from Fuzzytoaster and I must say, the Hemtt rims should have come with these! Way better than stock imho. ANYHOO, I was able to find plenty of large to standard adapters to go on the valve stem, but I want an air chuck to match. No luck on Egay, where are you guys getting yours?

As an aside, I had LOTS of mud and pebbles between the tire and rim. That was the reason for the leaking air! Maybe the beadlock will help. Just a heads up to all you guys that wheel with tubeless tires.
I use a clip on style from gemplers. I just screw it onto a flexhose type gauge/chuck.
Same h4660a # at napa

Or northern tool carries them as well.
https://m.gemplers.com/product/H4660A/HALTEC-Clip-On-Air-Chuck-Large-Bores

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Last edited:

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
For large bore filling when you need to use a truck to seat the bead I rigged up a 3/8" air line with no trigger. Cause I get tired of holding it. So it will put a ton of air into it

Napa number for the large bore clip on chuck is 90-53320180721_095857.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks