• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Largest Gathering of WWII American Halftracks in the USA!

kscheel

This summer a very unique and impressive event is going to occur. On August 29-30 at Willow Run Airport in Ypsilanti, Michigan the Thunder Over Michigan Airshow & Reenactment will be hosting the largest gathering of WWII American Halftracks in the nation. This gathering is in conjunction with the regular airshow and reenactment activities. The gathering will boast 20 halftracks, possibly more! Special effort was taken to bring in only quality restorations and unique models. There should be nearly one of every model used during the war. This should be one heck of an event for sure!

There is a thread started in the event section with more details and info on the show if anyone is interested in attending.

sigo

Lieutenant Colonel
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Very cool. I grew up in the area and went to Eastern Michigan in Ypsi, but unfortunately I don't live in the area. I won't make it back to MI in Aug but I passed the info to my Dad. Thanks for posting.