• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Last ditch turn signals

spentshell

I have a parade tomorrow and after spending a good part of my day cleaning the Deuce at my shop on the way home my turn signals go out (figures). I jumped out the flasher after checking the ground and I figure the flasher is shot. I was wondering if I can leave the jumper in the A and B plugs and operate the flashers manually as a temp fix ?

dabtl

My problem with the flasher turned out to be the ground on the passenger side front signal light. Check all those grounds before you give up. I replaced all of the bolts, nuts and washers on all the signal lights after cleaning the metal to assure a good ground.

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
........I was wondering if I can leave the jumper in the A and B plugs and operate the flashers manually as a temp fix ?
Yes you can, but the lamp current will be handled by the turn signal switch, with all its gold plated contacts....in an emergency it should be okay.

I think some grade school kid designed some of these flashers, I took one apart one time and found a simple oscillator plus a power transistor inside, no short circuit protection, no nothing. Not to mention the fact that the government's accepting these things.
In comparison, the original solid state flasher design is a piece of art.
You can hide almost anything in black casting epoxy.....

My advise, carry a spare flasher and/or add relays to protect the flasher.