• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Last events of the season.

dmetalmiki

We were invited to attend a local town American custom car show this weekend. We turned up in a gamma goat (the kid driving) A deuce m35a2. Alex driving. M715 Steve piloting. And myself in the M45 530C. Down the road to the entrance and onto site with sirens, lights bells etc going full blast impressed the locals. Once parked up we were surprised at the turn out, over 1000 American cars hot rods specials and trucks. As I have a serious interest in Emergency Vehicles, I was particularly drawn to and impressed by the presentation of some five or six ex U.S. Police cars. Exactly fitted and kitted out complete, and with owners in correct uniforms worn (with deactivated side arms and shotguns).
The vehicle of most interest to me however was a huge original New York fire truck, which had EVERYTHING a fire truck should have. Tools uniforms kit clothes generators (for hydraulic "jaws of life"). It had (all) the kit of the day it finished attendance at it's last call out before being sent to a museum. . I felt a wave of emotion just looking at this thing...(And) the owner came over to me and told me, This truck was present at 9-11. ( the last call out). It was damaged and had pieces of the structure on the decks when I got it. It has the commemorative plates on it. I collected our group Including the boys, and we silently contemplated this piece of history. I am negotiating to be the very next owner of this unit, and place it for preservation (and treasuring) in our collection.

Attachments

dmetalmiki

I forgot to mention, that a very moving surprise (for such a local event) was Low fly over by the battle of Britain memorial flight Dakota, which carried out two excellent passes. I only wish we had camped over the day previous as well, as apparently there was a huge convoy "drive out" cruise round the local town, which really impressed the locals it seems. Looking forward to next year. Health and circumstances permitting.

Sergeant1983

I love my MV and would never swap it out for a fire truck, but the kid in all of us will always be attracked to a fire truck. Its just something that we all thought was the coolest as a kid and if I could justify it, id buy a fire truck too. LOL Great pics! Thanks for sharing.

dmetalmiki

I am very fortunate and extremely grateful to be owning a range of trucks, that can be used in a variety of hobby interests.
But I must admit I was very (very) drawn to that particular machine, not least because of it's history. Not just the vehicle. However If it transpires I can not obtain it, I will revert to my original desire to own..a HUGE! ...Russian..."thing" (to be advised).

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks