• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Last year for the muitlfuel??

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
David Doyle can best answer this, but I belive 1988/89 was the last year for the Multifuel deuce engine.. It couldnt meet the emissions standards, so that signed it's death certificiate.... Hurcules made my engine in early 1988 according to the paperwork i have for my truck.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The engine in my 72 has a 1987 contract date. I've not looked closely to try to figure out the exact date yet.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The engine in my '72 m35a2c was built in 1987 and rebuilt in 1992. I don't know why it was rebuilt only 5 years after it was new? I have another spare engine that was built in 1986.

DDoyle

Supporting Vendor
I don't have my paperwork in front of me at the moment - and even if I did there are a couple of cloudy issues.

I've got some paperwork that indicates when the EPA basically banned the purchase of these engines by the DoD.

HOWEVER, I've got no info from Hercules....and there is the very real possiblity that engines were built for foreign governments or perhaps industrial uses after they were no longer being built for the DoD.

Will try to take a look at the paperwork that I DO have soon.

Regards,
David

jasonjc

The reson I asked is I have Hercules in one of my trucks with a build date (not rebuild) of 6-93. And this got me to woundering about the EPA thing.

emr

westfolk said:
As a side note. I remember reading somewhere that the LDS was used for marine applications. Granted we are talking about LDT.....different shade of the same thing.

I mention as much because between that and the things being sent oversea for use....they might still be pumping them out somewhere.

I also heard that, because of the fact they are known too run for ever at 2500rpm...and when I was looking for a motor a few years ago, i found one at a boat yard in LBI.NJ....apparently he also said they are popular with the mariners and thats why he bought them...Randy