• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Late 70s camouflage

jeepj10

Are any of you guys familiar with camouflage that used field drab, tan, and light green on vehicles I think it was used in the late seventies. If you are how effective was it as a sort of universal camouflage. By this did anybody ever see it in different places such as the desert and forests. It might be an example of tropical camo for vehicles. Any info would help

N1265

I think the tropical pattern uses three shades of green. the pattern on my Avtar is the summer pattern for that time period, Most guys go with the Winter pattern.

I personally do not think that the pattern on my truck is a good one for here in Ohio, The light green only matches in the spring and really sticks out in the fall. I used it because you hardley see any trucks with this pattern around here so I figured it would make it even more unique.

The pattern you are describing might actually be the winter pattern with the green really faded. it would be a better universal pattern than the summer or tropical pattern. ( if the green is correct )

I believe Bob H. has some good picks of his M880 in the photo gallery with a newly painted, correct winter pattern.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks