• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Late A1 or A2?

EO2NMCB

A2, has surge brakes, also looks like a cucv wheel and not an m37 wheel. To the best of my understanding A1's had only hand brakes for parking.

Last edited:

TIGERFANS2

Got my "mutt" home last night from Ft. Sill and the answer is........

M101A1 body on M116A2 chassis.

Yes, I have pictures and will post later.

LightCorporal

nuther new guy here.
I have been slowly learning from all these folks (I never worked on or with any vehicles
when Unca Sammy was handing me all those huge paychecks; I just rode around)
about all this fascinating stuff (so far, the 6x6s have my heart, doubtless some other
cutie will pop up, as always I am fickle if anything)
$^&<
what I called for, is your list of vehicles. I looked in the "resources" here for those
numbers and (believe it or not) I am just as ignorant as I was 5 minutes ago. Amazing!
Just because I am genetically nosy, I would like to know that they all are.
To make a long, boring, dear God save me from all this inhuman torture, story short,
what is an M151A2, M101A1, M416, M116A1?:?:
Thanks for wasting your time, patience and bandwidth on me.
LIghtCorporal dba James Martin, OldenRanger@yahoo.com
or at your friendly, local, neighborhood Monte Vista, Colorado, just 5 weeks hike S. of Denver
{Lot of upping and downing betwixt heah and theah}

LightCorporal

nuther new guy here.
I have been slowly learning from all these folks (I never worked on or with any vehicles
when Unca Sammy was handing me all those huge paychecks; I just rode around)
about all this fascinating stuff (so far, the 6x6s have my heart, doubtless some other
cutie will pop up, as always I am fickle if anything)
$^&<
what I called for, is your list of vehicles. I looked in the "resources" here for those
numbers and (believe it or not) I am just as ignorant as I was 5 minutes ago. Amazing!
Just because I am genetically nosy, I would like to know that they all are.
To make a long, boring, dear God save me from all this inhuman torture, story short,
what is an M151A2, M101A1, M416, M116A1?:?:
Thanks for wasting your time, patience and bandwidth on me.
LIghtCorporal dba James Martin, OldenRanger@yahoo.com
or at your friendly, local, neighborhood Monte Vista, Colorado, just 5 weeks hike S. of Denver
{Lot of upping and downing betwixt heah and theah}

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Not to get too far off topic, an m151 is a jeep type truck. The rest are trailers. A google "image search" will answer most questions for the starter. You will be able to see what we are talking about. hope this helps.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Towards the top of the page and click on the resource tab. Scroll down to the Tech Manual tab and click that. Search for and right click on TM 43-0000-31. This is TACOM Data sheets and has a pretty extensive directory of most stuff from the Viet Nam era to date, line drawings and specs are there as well.

TIGERFANS2

Hey!! Thats my trailer!! Im still waiting on the EUC...
It was in the Ft. Sill group a few weeks ago...

Andy..

I got the two tone mutt, let you other guys bid on the prettier ones. I saw yours (this one?) down the line from mine and from a cursory glance it looked fine.

Last edited:

Wolf.Dose

To me no dought: a M101A2. Even the rails and the staks are of the latest A2 series version, which not neccessaryly mean, they are originally for the year of maufacture of that trailer. Tires are 235/85R16 LR D or E.
M116A2 is the same chassis without carge box, refer to TM 9-2320-202-14&P, August 1983.
Wolf

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks