• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Late Model USAF M35A2C Registry

Froggy

1988 M35A2 wo/w
88K-413
1040-11153

It has a warranty plate but I did not check the date. I will update when I have a chance.

I noticed Warthog has the same number on a recent post 88K-413.
I am certain about the number on this current truck it is stamped on the data plate and painted across the windshield.

My last purchase was 88K-412 about three years ago.
What are the odds of getting two in sequence years apart?

Both trucks were sold from DMAFB.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have been watching the auction sites and posting VINs when I find them. Good for reference.

voltedge

To revive the older thread,
I've just purchased a nice 1989 USAF M35a2c wo/w from a fellow member.
US Reg#89K428
Vehicle serial#1040-11597

Gralmk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hi Mark, not sure if you saw my post to the Great One, but he sent me to you awhile back, but just in case here is my data! Bought it form the Forestry Dept in Ma on Auction, they took a lot off, but it's all back now, waiting for the warm weather to paint her. Sorry to all you AF guys, but I plan on painting her Army Camo!

CAM01034.jpg

Rick

Last edited:

Gralmk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sorry forgot two question, is your Spreadsheet availble? And does anyone know how to find the history on these. Prior to the FD, I was told it came from a DPW, before taht unknown? I would like to know some more about her past?

Thanks

Rick

SignalNco

As I get time I will post more about the progress I have made with Builder77s Deuce since I acquired it. I have been meaning to submit the info for my ’87 US Air Force M35A2C in this section (I don’t think Ethan ever did) so here it is. I do have almost all the paper work for the truck since it was accepted by the USAF.

1987 M35A2C
wo/w
87K1921
1040-10492

RGS20inophir

1987 M35A2C Wo/W
87K2000
1040-10063

Rustproofing tag of 05/87
Warranty tag date 87-05

One door says "729th Air Controls Squadron - Best in the Field", the other says "Libertas Vel Mors".

Bought from a USFS auction in Utah as "inoperable, parts missing". Two batteries, a tube bender, a length of tube, some brake fluid, and a Utah trip permit... and we were on the road. Most likely from Hill AFB.

rustystud

1987 M35A2C Wo/W
87K2000
1040-10063

Rustproofing tag of 05/87
Warranty tag date 87-05

One door says "729th Air Controls Squadron - Best in the Field", the other says "Libertas Vel Mors".

Bought from a USFS auction in Utah as "inoperable, parts missing". Two batteries, a tube bender, a length of tube, some brake fluid, and a Utah trip permit... and we were on the road. Most likely from Hill AFB.
Some times you can get a screaming deal when they say "inoperable, parts missing" . Other times they say "good condition" and the piece of equipment is not even worthy of the junk pile !

voltedge

Just added truck #3 to my mini-fleet yesterday. It was my first auction win and recovery. came from Robins and of course has the usual slime and clogged fuel system that most of those Deuces have from there. Barely made it home, but we did and the reconstruction will now begin! Details below:
1987 M35A2C
87K1784
1040-10267

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just added truck #3 to my mini-fleet yesterday. It was my first auction win and recovery. came from Robins and of course has the usual slime and clogged fuel system that most of those Deuces have from there. Barely made it home, but we did and the reconstruction will now begin! Details below:
1987 M35A2C
87K1784
1040-10267
Very cool, my last M35 came from WRAFB , same nasty fuel issue. Did you get the trucks original logs/paperwork?

cobra5

Anyone know the total units produced under this contract? I contacted AM General and they say that info wasn't available to them in the data base. Anyway I found that there were 400 assigned to that contract but not sure if that was the requested amount or produced.

5ivepenny

My 86 M35A2C has the exact same data plate on it with same stock # and same contract #. Have had truck for about 8 months. Bought in Springfield, Mass private sale and bought it to use on my wood lot. Joined SS to get some maintenance tips and stuff but now getting a little interested in the history of these very capable and very cool work trucks!! Anyway just wondering if the fact that I have the same data plate is interesting or not. Guessing it just means they came from the same base?? Have a thick folder with a bunch of paper work that came with truck can look through if there is something interesting to someone. Mostly just maintenance records and such. Cheers.

Last edited:

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My 87 M35A2C has the exact same data plate on it with same stock # and same contract #. Have had truck for about 8 months. Bought in Springfield, Mass private sale and bought it to use on my wood lot. Joined SS to get some maintenance tips and stuff but now getting a little interested in the history of these very capable and very cool work trucks!! Anyway just wondering if the fact that I have the same data plate is interesting or not. Guessing it just means they came from the same base?? Have a thick folder with a bunch of paper work that came with truck can look through if there is something interesting to someone. Mostly just maintenance records and such. Cheers.
The Air Force were sticklers for paperwork/ maintenance records. You should take a minute and go through the records package, you have a piece of history there. My '87 AF deuce had all its records back to delivery from AMGeneral, even contained the delivery acceptance documents that recorded the s/n of the engine and drive train at time of delivery. The exact s/ns are still installed, all original.

Gralmk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
OK, sorry looked back and saw I was an idiot! So here's the data.

1981 M35A2 w/o Winch
0825-10095
81K95

2deuce

Is there still interest in the registry? If so what was determined? I have always thought there were 1000 AF Deuces made and the reason there were not more, (because the military wanted more)was because of emissions. I don't remember where I got this. Thanks

rustystud

Is there still interest in the registry? If so what was determined? I have always thought there were 1000 AF Deuces made and the reason there were not more, (because the military wanted more)was because of emissions. I don't remember where I got this. Thanks
I heard there was three lots of 1000 each made for the Air-force. Starting in 1987 and ending in 1989. I cannot remember where I read that though.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks